• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's different.

Bay was a Mets' prospect.

Homegrown Talent baby! :)

Comment

• I'm not talking about building through the draft dammit. I'm talking about "we need cost controlled talent like John Niese"

**** John Niese

www.blackmetalink.com
      VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND

Comment

• And while we wait for people to Google Jason Bay and see whether or not I'm right about Bay being a Mets prospect at some point.....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude Abides View Post
          I'm not talking about building through the draft dammit. I'm talking about "we need cost controlled talent like John Niese"

**** John Niese
          I wouldn't say a high revenue team needs it. But it's nice. Pitching gets way overpaid in this league. When you have even a solid number three who you can pay nothing to for four years, it allows you to improve your team elsewhere. Even the high revenue teams have budgets. Cheap good pitching allows you to get better position players. Where I personally think you get a better bang for your buck on the free agent market.

Comment

• Yeah the Mets farm doesn't produce anything. Wright, Reyes, Pelfrey, Davis, Niese, Mejia, Pagan are all lousy.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• What have you done for me lately in terms of huge impact players? Other teams have better pipelines and better talent, albeit with less financial resources. Can you honestly say you think that the Mets can replenish their current starters with farm guys over time?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Brodeur I don't think the Oswalt and Haren contracts are that bad at all compared to what Lee is going to want. Haren especially.

Dan haren:

10:$8.25M, 11:$12.75M, 12:$12.75M, 13:$15.5M club option ($3.5M buyout)

Roy Oswalt:

10:$15M, 11:$16M, 12:$16M club option ($2M buyout)
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  What have you done for me lately in terms of huge impact players? Other teams have better pipelines and better talent, albeit with less financial resources. Can you honestly say you think that the Mets can replenish their current starters with farm guys over time?
                  The one thing I don't defend about the Mets is the way we draft, I hate it. Absolutely hate it. We do well in international area though and still produce good players with our crappy drafts. By next year we should have an all farm grown IF for the long haul. Also, we'll have a backup catcher from the farm and maybe 3/5 of the rotation from the farm. Nothing wrong with that.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Haren is the best option in terms of cost/benefit, but he'll be super pricey to pry away from AZ. I don't know if the Mets can afford to pay that asking price in 2010.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I think the Phillies and Rays are the best examples of successful homegrown teams from the last decade. I also give huge props to the Red Sox for how they run their farm. Even the Yanks are getting into the act more. I also have huge respect for how Minnesota gets things done. Naturally, the Marlins are also great at running their organization based on the economics of the game.

Comment

Haren is the best option in terms of cost/benefit, but he'll be super pricey to pry away from AZ. I don't know if the Mets can afford to pay that asking price in 2010.
                        If Mets offered Fernando, Mejia, Tejada and another lower level arm like with upside like Allen, Carson, or Familia I think the D'backs would take that.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I note the Phillies bc they were able to add some key players (Lee, Blanton, Halladay) using their prospects in addition to getting a few guys via FA (like Ibanez) to fill in gaps. They haven't made a huge FA splash bc they haven't had to. They have just locked up their guys to deals that are reasonable.

Obviously, I'm severely anti the Howard deal bc of the length of that contract...

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            If Mets offered Fernando, Mejia, Tejada and another lower level arm like with upside like Allen, Carson, or Familia I think the D'backs would take that.
                            I don't think the DBacks are going to take that deal. I actually believe they'll hold Haren at least 1 more year. His contract isn't really that bad at all. They'll need a Cliff Lee type prospect package for Haren. I don't believe those 3-4 guys get it done.

Comment

I don't think the DBacks are going to take that deal. I actually believe they'll hold Haren at least 1 more year. His contract isn't really that bad at all. They'll need a Cliff Lee type prospect package for Haren. I don't believe those 3-4 guys get it done.
                              The prospects that were dealt for Lee in both trades were not good. The Indians got robbed by you guys and I don't think the Mariners did that much better even though it's still early.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Lee deal hinges on Jason Knapp. He was the super high upside guy. I agree that the Indians didn't get full value, but it was probably the best deal on the table for them. They had to pare the salary. Sad state of affairs really... I happened to really like Knapp. He could end up haunting the Phils.

The Mariners gave up prospects in the Halladay-Lee deal. The Blue Jays ended up with the prospect haul in Travis D'Aurnaud, Kyle Drabek, and Michael Taylor (flipped for Brett Wallace).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information