MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    The Lee deal hinges on Jason Knapp. He was the super high upside guy. I agree that the Indians didn't get full value, but it was probably the best deal on the table for them. They had to pare the salary. Sad state of affairs really... I happened to really like Knapp. He could end up haunting the Phils.

The Mariners gave up prospects in the Halladay-Lee deal. The Blue Jays ended up with the prospect haul in Travis D'Aurnaud, Kyle Drabek, and Michael Taylor (flipped for Brett Wallace).
    I know who they got but I just don't think they are starts in the making. Drabek walks too many batters and Micheal Taylor sucks. He was always old for the league and he's been terrible in AAA. The Jays were smart enough to deal him for Wallace.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I kind of wish that the Phillies would have just traded for both Halladay and Lee, made their run at the WS in 2009 and 2010, then seen what happened. Bah!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        I kind of wish that the Phillies would have just traded for both Halladay and Lee, made their run at the WS in 2009 and 2010, then seen what happened. Bah!
        Well I just didn't see how much better they got with Halladay. In the regular season sure. But can you really expect Halladay to pitch any better than Lee did last year in the playoffs? But I guess you can expect Halladay more likely to pitch like that than Lee to do it again.

Comment

• Just to catch up since we were on Mets related matters.

Pagan being a 4th OF on a good team is absolutely hilarious. Not sure if you guys have noticed, but there isn't exactly a wealth of amazing players in CF. Around a .350 wOBA with very good defense isn't a 4th OF. Now could he come crashing back down to Earth? Maybe, but he's now got a decent amount of data backing him up as the type of player he is including last year.

Mets suck at drafting, don't think anyone will disagree.

Kirk isn't a bad prospect, and Haren's contract isn't ugly at all Brodeur.

And it's laughable to think the Mets couldn't net a front line pitcher with the young talent they have plus a MLB ready starter in Jon Niese.

Comment

• Not that I think he can even keep it up but even if he did, wOBA of .350 is like right in the middle for starting CFers this season. On a great team, he'd be a very good bench player.

Comment

• Even in the minor leagues, he wasn't doing this well offensively. I second the notion that he cannot do it long term. If I'm wrong, I'm fine to eat crow.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Zumaya throws a 102 mph heater which Adam Dunn smacks for a single. Entered today with 33 IP 1.91 ERA 32 SO 7BB.

Comment

• Ubaldo isn't fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Not that I think he can even keep it up but even if he did, wOBA of .350 is like right in the middle for starting CFers this season. On a great team, he'd be a very good bench player.

It would place him 11th in addition to tremendous defense. I'm not saying he's a star, but you don't have stars at every position even on great teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      Ubaldo isn't fair.
                      Having a star like Jesse Crain isn't fair either.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        It would place him 11th in addition to tremendous defense. I'm not saying he's a star, but you don't have stars at every position even on great teams.
                        I saw him at 14 but whatever. And out of those 13 in front of him I personally would rather have 11 or 12 of them over Pagan. That not including guys below him who in the long run will be much better. You guys yourself have a better option at CF in a few weeks. And he should go back to being a bench player.

Comment

• He's better than Francoeur, so no he should not go back to being a bench player.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Thank you for interleague play. Tigers complete a sweep of the Nationals after doing the same to the Pirates. 1.5 back of the Twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              Thank you for interleague play. Tigers complete a sweep of the Nationals after doing the same to the Pirates. 1.5 back of the Twins.
                              Good scheduling this year MLB
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• The Pirates are going to win tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information