Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yankees put Chad Gaudin on waivers. KCJ, you think the Dodgers would really want him?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Yankees put Chad Gaudin on waivers. KCJ, you think the Dodgers would really want him?
      Dodgers will have to wait for Gaudin to be cleared and released so they dont have to pay around 3M. That is probably why Dodgers refused to any trades to allow Yankees to keep Hoffmann.

      Either claimed or released, Yankees should be able to cover Thames' 1.1M.

      Now Yankees have 2 spots open on 25 man roster. Thames probably takes one of them and second one? I get feeling that Logan would be it because Marte is not fully ready right now. Yours?

      oh, about your ideal lineup for Yankees. I have no problem with this lineup but I think Granderson would bat 2nd for a majority of season. Against Lefty, Swisher would bat 2nd spot. Johnson's obp is attractive but he is too darn slow so Teixeria would hold the record for hitting many long singles.


      Mine would be (barring any slumps/injuries)

      1. Jeter.
      2. Granderson/Swisher.
      3. Teixeria.
      4. Rodrgiuez.
      5. Johnson.
      6. Posada.
      7. Cano.
      8. Swisher/Thames.
      9. Gardner.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        I should have known not to ask this considering it's about a player on a St. Louis team on an NFL website...
        I usually laugh off at MRI. However, if you are dealing with back injury, you have to pay double attention on it. None is funny about it. I am sure Pujols and medical staffs are on it.

        Comment


        • Someone of you had posted in another thread (offseason thread) was supposed to post each team's prospects. Still on or what? I am very curious about Yankees' prospects.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
            oh, about your ideal lineup for Yankees. I have no problem with this lineup but I think Granderson would bat 2nd for a majority of season. Against Lefty, Swisher would bat 2nd spot. Johnson's obp is attractive but he is too darn slow so Teixeria would hold the record for hitting many long singles.
            Well the lineup is already pretty much decided and Johnson will be batting second. When Girardi said he would basically be starting the opening day lineup in a ST game last week, Nick was second.

            I wouldn't worry about Johnson's speed. Tex isn't exactly the quickest guy in the world. Johnson's lack of speed won't turn doubles for Tex into singles. Johnson might not score from first on a lot of those doubles, but he won't only advance one base.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              Well the lineup is already pretty much decided and Johnson will be batting second. When Girardi said he would basically be starting the opening day lineup in a ST game last week, Nick was second.

              I wouldn't worry about Johnson's speed. Tex isn't exactly the quickest guy in the world. Johnson's lack of speed won't turn doubles for Tex into singles. Johnson might not score from first on a lot of those doubles, but he won't only advance one base.
              yeah, Yankees will need to make a good series of hitting. Last year, they played a small ball game for few times but it usually came up empty so it did not matter now. I like Granderson because he rarely hit into DP. Low GIDP and OBP are even in some way since it is a 2nd hitter.

              Anyway, I thought Yankees just opened 2 spots with Gaudin on waiver but no. Thames can be the final spot. umm..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                yeah, Yankees will need to make a good series of hitting. Last year, they played a small ball game for few times but it usually came up empty so it did not matter now. I like Granderson because he rarely hit into DP. Low GIDP and OBP are even in some way since it is a 2nd hitter.

                Anyway, I thought Yankees just opened 2 spots with Gaudin on waiver but no. Thames can be the final spot. umm..
                Thames spot was opened by Hoffmann going back to the Dodgers. So we will have another spot open we Gaudin clears, gets traded, or released.

                Comment


                • Jose Reyes was cleared and will return to baseball activites tomorrow!!! Finally some good Mets news. Now for our regularly scheduled Jerry Manuel is a moron news he wants Mejia only throwing his fastball and cutter. So not only is he going to set him back by pitching the 6th or 7th innings he will not allow him to work on the 2 pitches he needs to work on to become the #1 he could be. Only the Mets, for real. The whole situation is just incredibly ridiculous.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Thames spot was opened by Hoffmann going back to the Dodgers. So we will have another spot open we Gaudin clears, gets traded, or released.
                    40 man roster- one spot open.
                    25 man roster- no vacancies.

                    according to Yankeeslhblog's projected list. I dont see anyone else that is recently added.

                    Alfredo Aceves
                    A.J. Burnett
                    Joba Chamberlain
                    Phil Hughes
                    Damaso Marte
                    Sergio Mitre
                    Chan Ho Park
                    Andy Pettitte
                    Mariano Rivera
                    Dave Robertson
                    CC Sabathia
                    Javier Vazquez

                    Francisco Cervelli
                    Jorge Posada

                    Robinson Cano
                    Derek Jeter
                    Nick Johnson
                    Ramiro Pena
                    Alex Rodriguez
                    Mark Teixeira

                    Brett Gardner
                    Curtis Granderson
                    Nick Swisher
                    Marcus Thames***
                    Randy Winn

                    Comment


                    • Attention:

                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Jose Reyes was cleared and will return to baseball activites tomorrow!!! Finally some good Mets news. Now for our regularly scheduled Jerry Manuel is a moron news he wants Mejia only throwing his fastball and cutter. So not only is he going to set him back by pitching the 6th or 7th innings he will not allow him to work on the 2 pitches he needs to work on to become the #1 he could be. Only the Mets, for real. The whole situation is just incredibly ridiculous.
                        Adding Mejica to 25 man roster is a big mistake. Too late now.

                        My new solution for Mejica is to use his fastball and cutter for setup job this year. 2 innings for most of time can get it done if he keeps pitch count low. Next year, Mejica is moved into long reliever / mop up duty and works on breaking ball excessively. He can be used as a starter for emergency only. Should up to 120-130 innings in sophomore campaign. In his third season as a major leaguer, he becomes a full time 5th starter.

                        If Mejica struggles mightily then he opts back to double A immediately and starts to work on breaking ball as a starter. In that case, you better pray for Mejica not to lose composure or feeling on the mound.

                        Comment


                        • Well it's Mejia. He needs to be in AA to start the 2010 season.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Well it's Mejia. He needs to be in AA to start the 2010 season.
                            Sorry... but yeah, Mejia should be. It will keep Mets away from burning options as Mejia continues progressing.

                            Mark Melancon for Ike Davis sounds good? :)

                            Comment


                            • I just checked Mets' 40 man roster and Mejia is not on it. So why worry?

                              This Japanese closer needs to find a groove in new mechanic by yesterday.


                              Rafael DePaula's audition is today. What is your take on him?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                                I just checked Mets' 40 man roster and Mejia is not on it. So why worry?

                                This Japanese closer needs to find a groove in new mechanic by yesterday.


                                Rafael DePaula's audition is today. What is your take on him?
                                What are you talking about with Mejia? If he makes the opening day roster then he'll be added to the 40 man obviously which then starts his clock. By the time he'll be ready to be a full time starter he'll be arb eligible or 1 year away from it.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information