No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriously I don't understand this move. wtf did he do wrong other than be around .500? If you're not satisfied with that, fire him at the end of the year.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• As a baseball fan, seems like a ****** move. I don't know what the front office expects, but Fredi was doing well.

As a fantasy owner of Hanley, this potentially makes me very happy if they bring in a push over for a manager to appease Hanley. Come onnnn push over!

Comment

• http://twitter.com/TracyRingolsby/status/16856624117

Marlins rumored to be going after Bobby Valentine

Comment

• Marlins always have to fire their coaches after a set period of time, so Fredi's time was up.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Marlins always have to fire their coaches after a set period of time, so Fredi's time was up.
            Ah, is this in correlation to their set period of time before they squeak into the playoffs when no one expected them to, win the World Series, then ship off all their young talent because they can't afford them? I think that year might be coming up...1997, 2003, 2010?

Comment

• They did fire their manager in season in 2003 as well, so maybe...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Now all we need is D Train, Miggy and McKeon.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Trembley to the Fish and they win it all

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Having some trouble in fantasy baseball. IDK if I should get rid of SS Orlando Cabrera. He is only hitting .243 with 3 hrs and 27rbis and the last 15 days he is hitting .160. IDK if you guys can see this list of who is a F/A but if you can can you give me some suggestions on who to pick up?
                    http://games.espn.go.com/flb/freeage...otCategoryId=4

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                      Having some trouble in fantasy baseball. IDK if I should get rid of SS Orlando Cabrera. He is only hitting .243 with 3 hrs and 27rbis and the last 15 days he is hitting .160. IDK if you guys can see this list of who is a F/A but if you can can you give me some suggestions on who to pick up?
                      http://games.espn.go.com/flb/freeage...otCategoryId=4
                      You don't know much about baseball, do you? lol

I dunno why OC was on your team in the first place, pretty much any one of those guys is an improvement.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Coco Crisp drops a routine fly ball, with his sunglasses on the back of his hat. Reds-A's on MLB Network and they are switching to Strasburg's start at 4:30 (not for those areas).

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post

I dunno why OC was on your team in the first place, pretty much any one of those guys is an improvement.
                          Through May 26th, Cabrera was hitting .280 with 3 HR, 23 RBI, and 7 SB at a very weak fantasy position. None of those available short stops put up the kind of production that Cabrera did though the first month and a half.

Comment

• Fantasy Baseball:

List all of the position players you would trade Stephen Strasburg for straight up. I'm getting offers left and right for Stras.

Comment

• the Marlins firing Fredi I have mixed feelings on.

The positive is they also fired our hitting coach who has been a very poor influence in our players approach at the plate. Yes Florida has had great HR numbers, but thats where the positives end.

I don't think Fredi was the best manager, nor a good manager, but he wasn't bad. Maybe this was a move to please Hanley, maybe the team stopped listening to Fredi, maybe they feel he isn't developing the players well enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post

Well I am in 2nd in the league down 1 point... so if you had to choose who would you pick?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information