MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    No one really wants the Tigers' trash prospects. It will be the Mets who get raped for Cliff Lee.

Comment

• Love getting swept by the Brewers...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• I hate Hawk so goddamn much.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Gallardo - 9IP|5 H|0 R|0 ER|0 BB|12 SO

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            I hate Hawk so goddamn much.
            Worst announcer in sports by a long shot, imo. I often wonder how anyone ever thought it was a good idea to make that man GM of a team, let alone announcer.

It makes me hate Sox fans so much more because they are the only people in the world that think he's good. Most even think he's one of the best. I mean hey, I'm a Cubs fan through and through, but guys like Santo and Harry Caray were pretty terrible. Stupidly entertaining and I love them, but they weren't good. haha

Comment

• Brendan Harris to AAA!!!!! YES!!!!
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Lots of rumors flying around that Seattle and Minnesota have had serious talks on Lee/low level minor leaguer for Ramos/Duensing/low level minor leaguer. Ramos just strained a quad and is out for 7 days, so he would have to return in order to be traded.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Really want Minny to get Lee. Let us trade for Haren or no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                    Lots of rumors flying around that Seattle and Minnesota have had serious talks on Lee/low level minor leaguer for Ramos/Duensing/low level minor leaguer. Ramos just strained a quad and is out for 7 days, so he would have to return in order to be traded.
                    That trade blows for Seattle.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      That trade blows for Seattle.
                      I agree... Twins beat writer has been pretty consistent in his reports that the Twins and Mariners have been talking for awhile.

That said, Ramos should be a pretty solid major league catcher, a plus defender with the ability to dump in 10-20 homers. Duensing also could probably start, and we are starting to stretch him out, either to replace Blackburn or to showcase him to Seattle. Even if Duensing can't start, he's been extremely reliable out of the bullpen and there's no reason why he can't be a very, very solid lefty out of the bullpen for years to come. It depends on who the low level guy is, maybe someone like Adrian Salcedo, who is one of our better young arms next to Gibson and Gutierrez.

Comment

• I've heard that Seattle will take less than fair value for Lee if they are getting major league everyday players in return.

Comment

• What are all these runs doing on the board for the Pirates?

Comment

• Cardinals always struggle in the 3rd game when trying to sweep a team. Aaron Miles should just retire, he's total garbage.

Comment

• Josh Hamilton for AL MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Josh Hamilton for AL MVP.
                                Miguel Cabrera shakes his head in disapproval.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information