MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    For a non homer pick, I'll go with David Price.
    i second this.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• If Quentin can stay healthy he'll put up above average numbers. It's been difficult for him to do so lately though. As for Hart I don't expect much. Maybe around a .275/.335/.465 type line.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Hopefully Jay Bruce has some sort of breakout. Need to see something from him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Everybody picked Rays for breakouts so I'm going to assume Joyce, S-Rod, and Price all do terrible this year. Thanks guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            Breakout predictions?

What player(s) will break out this season?
            Too easy. Colby Rasmus.

Comment

• Baltimore Orioles - .500 this year...That's right I said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
                Baltimore Orioles - .500 this year...That's right I said it.
                Which one of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays do you think will severely underacheive from their projected wins total?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Which one of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays do you think will severely underacheive from their projected wins total?
                  Well that's tough, they are arguably the 3 best teams in the AL if not the MLB. I don't think any of them will "severely" underachieve. If the O's were to play 500 ball, that would only be good for 4th place still.

Tough to imagine Tampa winning less than the 84 they did last year with the young talent they have.

Sox may be without a big banger in the lineup without Manny/Bay and with an aging/declining Ortiz. But they added Lackey to an already very good rotation. I'm confident they will get their 90+ wins still.

And the Yankees are still devastating, but you have to think that their age will catch up to them at some point (it has to right?). But will this be the year? I don't know...with no significant injuries they are still making the playoffs.

Bottom line...I don't think any of them have to "severly underachieve" for the O's to post a 500 record.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
                    Well that's tough, they are arguably the 3 best teams in the AL if not the MLB. I don't think any of them will "severely" underachieve. If the O's were to play 500 ball, that would only be good for 4th place still.

Tough to imagine Tampa winning less than the 84 they did last year with the young talent they have.

Sox may be without a big banger in the lineup without Manny/Bay and with an aging/declining Ortiz. But they added Lackey to an already very good rotation. I'm confident they will get their 90+ wins still.

And the Yankees are still devastating, but you have to think that their age will catch up to them at some point (it has to right?). But will this be the year? I don't know...with no significant injuries they are still making the playoffs.

Bottom line...I don't think any of them have to "severly underachieve" for the O's to post a 500 record.

Well when you play them a combined 57 times and you agree that they'll all be good again getting to 81 wins could be tough. Any other division and I would agree with you.

Comment

• I don't think it's unfathomable that the Rays could underachieve this year, especially when you are so reliant on young pitching, with that said I don't expect that to happen. I do think the O's will improve this year though. It's not so much about the win total as it is about getting those young guys more ML experience and getting the rest of the cavalry up to Baltimore (Belll, Snyder, Arrieta etc) but there has to be SOME improvement in the overall record, and I think it's possible we float around the .500 mark.

Comment

• Brian McCann has J.A. Happ's number today. 2-2 2HR.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Well when you play them a combined 57 times and you agree that they'll all be good again getting to 81 wins could be tough. Any other division and I would agree with you.
                          That was my point. If you expect those 3 teams to be as good as everyone thinks, unless the Orioles go 16-2 against the Blue Jays or absolutely clean up on the NL, it will be tough to get to 81 wins.

Comment

• If the O's can just be a few games under .500 against the big three, they can get to 81-81. It isn't as hard as you make it seem.

The Blue Jays did it two years ago.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Wade Davis is officially the Rays 5th Starter. Hurrah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                                Wade Davis is officially the Rays 5th Starter. Hurrah!
                                I watched his whole outing vs Minnesota.. he didn't look great. Worried me a bit. Then again, it is spring.

Just wanted to say that I think Atlanta has a really nice team this year.. if they could have kept Vazquez, I'd like them even more.
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information