MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I love a lot of the SABR stats and they definitely all have their place to help understand the game better but the more I see of UZR the more I think it's garbage.
    I prefer to just watch a game. I think that is the only way to truly judge a player defensively.

Kinda like keeping stats for an O-Lineman in football.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
      One of the better wOBAs in the league with the highest WAR, although his UZR might be a bit funky.
      Honestly, I thought this was a joke when I read it. I haven't even heard of any of this **** haha. Too bad it wasn't a joke, because I would have repped it for being funny.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• UZR can't really be judged on a half season of defense, and while it is a flawed stat, it's still usable.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Someone broke the new Twins stadium (fix that freakin alarm).

Comment

• It's a siren dammit, not an alarm.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              UZR can't really be judged on a half season of defense, and while it is a flawed stat, it's still usable.
              Even with 3 season of UZR data, which should be enough, I still don't agree. Plus all the differences with other metrics just make defensive metrics a total wash to me. Offensive metrics good, defensive metrics bad.

Comment

UZR can't really be judged on a half season of defense, and while it is a flawed stat, it's still usable.

Matt Holliday has a good defensive history, so while he might be playing over his head with his current numbers, he's still probably been the best OF.

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                Even with 3 season of UZR data, which should be enough, I still don't agree. Plus all the differences with other metrics just make defensive metrics a total wash to me. Offensive metrics good, defensive metrics bad.
                UZR's probably the best available, so when you have a sizeable amount of data, I think it's certainly a viable option. Everyone knows it has flaws and can be proven upon, but it's what we have. It's fair to use it.

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                I prefer to just watch a game. I think that is the only way to truly judge a player defensively.

Kinda like keeping stats for an O-Lineman in football.

If you can watch every play of every game for every fielder taking into the trajectory of a baseball and then can give a non biased and informed set of data for ranking players fielding abilities, then god bless you.
                Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds; 06-30-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

It's a siren dammit, not an alarm.
                  Annoying as hell, either way.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Are Slowey, Blackburn and Baker the exact same person? I'm pretty sure they are.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Wow. Votto called out on a horrible call.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• There you go Jay Bruce!!!
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I bet you if you threw it at K-Dro's head, he'd still swing at it. Dude needs to learn to not swing at everything. God damn.

Comment

• Johnny Damon is so sad in left field.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• There is nothing more funny than watching Johnny Damon throw the ball.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Johnny Damon is so sad in left field.
                                I think he owes us about half of that 8 million back for that play.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information