No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Glaus move makes sense because, we deperately need right handed power...assuming Glaus has still got it. I didnt love it at first, though. I still would have rather re-upped Laroche for a year. <3 Laroche is just a monster with Atlanta. haha. Hopefully he plays well for Arizona, I really think he's about to have a big year.

As for Glaus, I wouldnt be surprised to see him stick around if he plays well...but not at first. Freddie Freeman may not have that immense power yet but, he's pretty ready. He should be starting next year, heck I would be confident in him playing now. The Cards toyed around with the idea of moving Glaus to Left....so perhaps, Glaus can do that or even potentially man 3B next year if Chipper were to hang them up, god forbid. I'm getting ahead of myself, though. Excited about Troy's hot spring. But if he can play well, he'll probably stick around.

Anyway as for this year...if they stay healthy the Braves look to have a very strong team. But Chipper and Glaus injuries are probably inevitable. Chipper for sure.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-26-2010, 11:43 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Braves manager Bobby Cox told Jason Heyward that he will open the season as the starting right fielder.

"I’m delighted to tell you you’re on the team, Jason, simply because you make us a better team," Cox told Heyward. It was all but official already, as the impressive youngster has batted .366 (15-for-41) with one home run and five RBI this spring. The former 2007 first-round pick batted .323/.408/.555 with 17 homers and 63 RBI between three stops in the minor leagues last season and becomes immediately relevant in mixed leagues. Matt Diaz and Melky Cabrera will likely share left field duties, though the latter could also see some work in center field.

-Rotoworld

Sorry if already posted.

Comment

• First I heard about it. No surprise, though. I was telling everyone I knew he was a damn near lock to start the season in right. He's just so advanced for his age, he's ready.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I believe the hype. This one is legit.

Heyward > Wieters

Sorry guys.

Comment

• yeah.... It would be embarrassing if Braves cant beat Mets in NL east division.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
              I believe the hype. This one is legit.

Heyward > Wieters

Sorry guys.
              You guys aren't getting this.

Catcher > OF

Also, be careful because Heyward has the same hype Jay Bruce had. Not saying he's gonna have the same downfalls, but the hype is similar, heck I think Bruce had more hype.
              Last edited by ccB; 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                Picked up the newest issue of SI today with GOD on the cover, gotta go pick up another one tomorrow because this ones pages are all stuck together ;)
                Wait, I thought Mauer was just on the cover..

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Bruce never got this much hype. Also he wasn't rated the one of the top two prospects in baseball by all publications.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Catcher > OF

Heyward has the same hype Jay Bruce had.
                    Was Bruce ever this complete of a hitter? If he takes on the right approach and attitude toward his craft, and baseball probably just as much any other sport is all about a player's craft, then there is no telling how far his natural abilities can take him. He's certainly got some of Pujols' qualities, the rest is up to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Bruce never got this much hype. Also he wasn't rated the one of the top two prospects in baseball by all publications.
                      Sorry but you are wrong, check again...

Baseball America #1 over Longoria, Chamberlain, Buccholtz, and Rasmus.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...08/265655.html

Minor League baseball #1 over the same guys

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...s/top50/y2008/

Baseball prospectus #1

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=7092

Comment

• Damn I must be going bat **** crazy because I don't remember Bruce being #1 overall. I thought he was Top 10 but don't remember that high.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                          Was Bruce ever this complete of a hitter? If he takes on the right approach and attitude toward his craft, and baseball probably just as much any other sport is all about a player's craft, then there is no telling how far his natural abilities can take him. He's certainly got some of Pujols' qualities, the rest is up to him.
                          I'm not saying Bruce is better, I actually like Heyward better. I am just saying, these top OF prospects are a dime a dozen, there is a new Jason Heyward each year, this year it's Heyward, next year it will be Mike Stanton, in 08 it was Bruce, then there was Justin Upton, Bryce Harper will eventually be up there as well, the list goes on and on.

Find me a Catcher that put up the numbers Wieters put up in the minors, and one that profiles to be the hitter Wieters is while playing above average defense behind the plate, and calling a mean game. They don't come around that often, and if you think I'm just being a homer go read tom verduccis article in sports illustrated and it will put what I am saying into perspective.

That is the reason that as a prospect Matt Wieters > Jason Heyward, it's all about the position the production is coming from.
                          Last edited by ccB; 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• You don't think Harper will stick at catcher?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              You don't think Harper will stick at catcher?
                              I think he can, but if I were to bet I think he ends up an OF.

Comment

Catcher > OF

Also, be careful because Heyward has the same hype Jay Bruce had. Not saying he's gonna have the same downfalls, but the hype is similar, heck I think Bruce had more hype.
                                Always...

Catching holds higher value than OF since it is rare to have high productive offense from catcher. OF, on other hand, has plenty of players that have more than enough production at plate. One bad category means another OF is better out of sudden.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information