No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And after THAT play, I think he owes us more than we owe him.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Are Slowey, Blackburn and Baker the exact same person? I'm pretty sure they are.
      Slowey probably has the best control, Baker has a little better stuff, and Blackburn just sucks. But yeah, they are pretty much the same pitcher. Blackburn's K/9 and BB/9 are almost identical this year.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Exciting game today.
        Votto is amazing <3
        Bruce is finally starting to turn that corner at the plate.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

• Ronny Cedeno sucks so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
            There is nothing more funny than watching Johnny Damon throw the ball.
            Idk, Raul Ibanez and Jacque Jones might give him a run for his money...

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Idk, Raul Ibanez and Jacque Jones might give him a run for his money...
              I cant find the video, but last year Dunn threw the ball BACKWARDS a few times. And everyone in Cincy loved watching him charge a ball and come up throwing and you expect this rocket from such a big guy and its just so soft lol.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• To be fair, by the time Ibanez even gets to a ball in left, even limp armed Damon will have thrown it. Ibanez is pretty bad. Not that it matters. The Phillies haven't had a good LF in 11-12 years. If not longer.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Brad Lincoln is pitching awesome today.

Comment

• It's just hilarious when you see these guys (Ibanez, Jones) who charge in and are ready to make this huge throw....then they just throw it straight down into the ground 10 feet in front of them. I don't understand it. But it's hilarious none the less.

Comment

• Pedro Alvarez is up with the bases loaded, one out. What does he do? He swings at two pitches in the dirt to strike out. I'm all for being patient with him, but he's not being patient with himself. I'm getting very frustrated with all these strike outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        UZR's probably the best available, so when you have a sizeable amount of data, I think it's certainly a viable option. Everyone knows it has flaws and can be proven upon, but it's what we have. It's fair to use it.
                        I like using UZR as a reference, but the idea that it should hold precedence because 'it's the best available option' is a poor argument in it's favor.

It's like when people buy Madden every year. It's the only available way to get an NFL licensed video game, and many of us will buy it, but that doesn't mean it's a good game.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Pedro Alvarez is up with the bases loaded, one out. What does he do? He swings at two pitches in the dirt to strike out. I'm all for being patient with him, but he's not being patient with himself. I'm getting very frustrated with all these strike outs.
                          I still get frustrated with all your Pirate posts. Its a never ending cycle.

Anyway a thread relevant post, apparently the Orioles' are considering moving a pitching prospect for Chris Davis? I'm pretty sure at some point in time Brandon Snyder must have raped a female Angelos.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• 9-3 against the Cubs. I wished we could play them more than 3 more times this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                              I still get frustrated with all your Pirate posts. Its a never ending cycle.

Anyway a thread relevant post, apparently the Orioles' are considering moving a pitching prospect for Chris Davis? I'm pretty sure at some point in time Brandon Snyder must have raped a female Angelos.....
                              So I can't talk about baseball in the baseball thread? That's funny. I guess noone is allowed to post something about their favorite team now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                                To be fair, by the time Ibanez even gets to a ball in left, even limp armed Damon will have thrown it. Ibanez is pretty bad. Not that it matters. The Phillies haven't had a good LF in 11-12 years. If not longer.
                                Do you remember T.J. Bohn? Dude with around a career .180 average in AAA (or something ridiculous) but one MLB assist. Rocket for an arm, though he was built like Jim Halpert.

Dom Brown won't be much better. He's got a great arm and athleticism but he takes terrible routes to balls. Since he's a + athlete, he usually makes up for it but he's still raw out there.
                                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information