MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    You don't think Harper will stick at catcher?
    If he does not stick at catcher then he wont be number one this June unless it is AL team that holds number one selection. Simple.

Comment

• CCB, I was evaluating from a pure #'s perspective of the kind of potential to produce that Heyward has, even as early as this season. He could realistically become a 25/15 .300 hitter this year. If I'm starting an organization there is no question I'm picking Wieters ahead of him, and I also understand the special talent he is when everything else is factored into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
        If he does not stick at catcher then he wont be number one this June unless it is AL team that holds number one selection. Simple.
        There's already rumors of Bryce having a Porcello-like fall because he is represented by Boras and has such high demands. I'd like to think if he fell past the Nats, and Buccos, the O's wouldn't hesitate selecting him with the 3rd pick, but that's not guaranteed. It will be an interesting story to follow heading into June.

Comment

• I forgot to mention that Heyward is just 20 years old. How could I forget??

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
            CCB, I was evaluating from a pure #'s perspective of the kind of potential to produce that Heyward has, even as early as this season. He could realistically become a 25/15 .300 hitter this year. If I'm starting an organization there is no question I'm picking Wieters ahead of him, and I also understand the special talent he is when everything else is factored into it.
            I understand that completely, I expect Heywards #'s to be better in his rookie year than Wieters as well for a couple reason. 1. He's gonna start the year with the big league club, Wieters didn't get called up til late May, and 2. He should have a more carefree year because he doesn't have to worry about scouting hitters, knowing what pitches to call, knowing what his pitchers are capable of doing, and all the other eccentricities of being a major league catcher (Wieters did not call pitches at Ga Tech so that part of his game is new)

I don't want to make it seem like I'm poo-pooing on the Heyward parade because I really like Heyward a lot. I wanted the O's to select him with the #5 pick in that draft that year,mostly because I didn't think there was a chance in hell Wieters would fall that far (LOL @ Moskos going ahead of him, sorry hines ;) ) so I see what everyone else sees in Heyward, IMO the only OF-er in the game with more potential is Justin Upton (and adam jones coughomercough ;) )
            Last edited by ccB; 03-26-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              There's already rumors of Bryce having a Porcello-like fall because he is represented by Boras and has such high demands. I'd like to think if he fell past the Nats, and Buccos, the O's wouldn't hesitate selecting him with the 3rd pick, but that's not guaranteed. It will be an interesting story to follow heading into June.

His demand is too high for a hitter with plenty of flaws in bat. Yeah, Tigers could be the highest possibly position that would have him. We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

The Mets don't like spending a lot on the draft, but I'd be absolutely stunned if they were to pass on Harper just because of the attention he has/will bring.

Comment

• Bryan Harper? is he that any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                    Bryan Harper? is he that any good?
                    Bryce Harper. And yes he is that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      The Mets don't like spending a lot on the draft, but I'd be absolutely stunned if they were to pass on Harper just because of the attention he has/will bring.
                      We usually draft the big names that fall in the draft for one reason or another. Kazmir, Milledge, and Pelfrey all were projected higher than where we got them. We also forked over the bigger bonuses that they asked for. I have tons of problems with the way we draft but most of the time they do the right thing in the 1st round.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That breaking ball is absolutely fantastic
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                          Bryce Harper. And yes he is that good.
                          No. His brother Bryan, a southpaw. He is projected in the teen round.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post

That breaking ball is absolutely fantastic

Someone needs to shoot his leg now so Yankees can draft him. He has about 4 above average pitches already and he is a freaking HS pitcher. damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              We usually draft the big names that fall in the draft for one reason or another. Kazmir, Milledge, and Pelfrey all were projected higher than where we got them. We also forked over the bigger bonuses that they asked for. I have tons of problems with the way we draft but most of the time they do the right thing in the 1st round.

Mets at 7th spot. damn. They have to spend a thousand of hours to pick right prospect.

Comment

• Jason Heyward seems like a cool guy.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information