No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really driving the point home that fan voting plus one player per team rules aren't really great for the game. Fan voting has killed all All-Star/Pro Bowl style games.
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Vernon Wells > Nelson Cruz? Rly?

And no Votto is crime

SPLOOSH

Comment

• NL Player Ballot position players include catcher Brian McCann of the Braves, first baseman Adrian Gonzalez of the Padres, shortstops Troy Tulowitzki of the Rockies, third baseman Scott Rolen of the Reds, Prado, and outfielders Corey Hart of the Brewers, Matt Holliday of the Cardinals and Marlon Byrd of the Cubs. Because Tulowitzki is on the DL and unavailable, he is replaced by Reyes, who was the next choice on the Player Ballot behind him.
        NL Player Ballot pitchers include starting pitchers Ubaldo Jimenez of the Rockies, Roy Halladay of the Phillies, Josh Johnson of the Marlins, Tim Lincecum of the Giants and Adam Wainwright of the Cardinals, along with relievers Matt Capps of the Nationals, Brian Wilson of the Giants and Jonathan Broxton of the Dodgers. From there, Manuel, in conjunction with MLB, filled out his roster with the following: first baseman Ryan Howard of the Phillies, second baseman Brandon Phillips of the Reds (replacing Utley), infielder/outfielder Omar Infante of the Braves, outfielders Michael Bourn of the Astros and Chris Young of the Padres, and pitchers Chris Carpenter of the Cardinals, Yovani Gallardo of the Brewers, Tim Hudson of the Braves, Evan Meek of the Pirates and Arthur Rhodes of the Reds.
        AL Player Ballot pitchers include starting pitchers David Price of the Rays, Clay Buchholz and Jon Lester of the Red Sox, Phil Hughes of the Yankees and Cliff Lee of the Mariners, along with relievers Neftali Feliz of the Rangers, Mariano Rivera of the Yankees and Jose Valverde of the Tigers.
        AL Player Ballot position players include Cabrera, second baseman Dustin Pedroia, catcher Victor Martinez and DH David Ortiz of the Red Sox, shortstop Elvis Andrus of the Rangers, and outfielders Vernon Wells and Jose Bautista of the Blue Jays and Torii Hunter of the Angels.
        Pedroia and Martinez receive full honors as elected All-Stars, but because they are both injured and unavailable, they are replaced on the roster by second baseman Ian Kinsler of the Rangers and catcher John Buck of the Blue Jays, respectively. Both of them finished second on the Player Ballot at their respective positions. Girardi, in conjunction with MLB, filled out the AL roster with the following: second baseman Ty Wigginton of the Orioles and third baseman Alex Rodriguez of the Yankees, along with pitchers Matt Thornton of the White Sox, Fausto Carmona of the Indians, Joakim Soria of the Royals, Trevor Cahill of the Athletics and CC Sabathia of the Yankees.
        http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
          Vernon Wells > Nelson Cruz? Rly?

And no Votto is crime

Probably not, but Cruz has only played 43 games this year so it's not the worst choice.

Comment

• Boesch not on final ballot...

**** YOU BUD SELIG YOU OLD PRUNE JUICE SIPPIN *****. I HOPE YOU DIE ALONE AND IN PAIN

Comment

• Oh yeah, how is Fausto an all-star???

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Wait, Adrian Beltre didn't make the all-star team? What the ****? We get five players (and potentially a sixth) but our best player this season doesn't make it. Ridiculous.

Comment

• hes in.............

Comment

• Votto is against Heath Bell, Carlos Gonzalez, Billy Wagner and Ryan Zimmerman

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                      hes in.............
                      Good. He wasn't listed in the article on MLB.com...

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        Wait, Adrian Beltre didn't make the all-star team? What the ****? We get five players (and potentially a sixth) but our best player this season doesn't make it. Ridiculous.
                        What are you talking about? Beltre made it, lol. Did you not watch the selection show or read anything? The following Red Sox made it:
                        Clay Buchholz
                        Jon Lester
                        *David Ortiz
                        *Dustin Pedroia(hurt, will not play)
                        *Victor Martinez(hurt, will not play)
                        *Adrian Beltre

* = Reserve

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Just voted for Votto a solid 25 times

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I can't believe one of the SD pitchers didn't make it either. Either Bell, Latos, or Gregerson.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                              Just voted for Votto a solid 25 times
                              I think I got carpel tunnel from voting.
                              I had to vote for me and my family. Doesnt count all the Indian kids I outsourced to.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Reds better ******* win today. If I have a chance to win cash it is now! haha
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                                Coples is that dude.
                                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information