Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    I like Bentz a lot. I love his bat and he could fill in as our future 1B. I like that LSU pitcher, but he's hurt and I am tired of grabbing damaged goods in the draft. Drew Pomeranz and Christian Colon are two other guys I can see the Pirates considering.
    Ranaudo is back this weekend, so he should be making his start tonight. Hes only going 3 innings though so it is a controlled outing. He will be fine. It was just soreness so it wasnt anything serious. He will be the best collegiate arm in the draft when its time.



    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

    Comment


    • He'll be the best but for whatever reason I see him busting. It's really just a gut thing but I definitely see it happening.
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
        There's already rumors of Bryce having a Porcello-like fall because he is represented by Boras and has such high demands. I'd like to think if he fell past the Nats, and Buccos, the O's wouldn't hesitate selecting him with the 3rd pick, but that's not guaranteed. It will be an interesting story to follow heading into June.
        no way do we pass on Harper if there.we've taken other Boras clients so don't see why we'd pass on Harper

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          He'll be the best but for whatever reason I see him busting. It's really just a gut thing but I definitely see it happening.
          I dont really see Ranaudo busting, i dont think hes on the same level as Price or Strasburg but he will be a solid pitcher in the bigs.



          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

          Comment


          • I also pray Tony Thompson 3B from KU falls to KC in the 2nd

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              I dont really see Ranaudo busting, i dont think hes on the same level as Price or Strasburg but he will be a solid pitcher in the bigs.
              Well if he turns out to be a #5 he's a bust.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Well if he turns out to be a #5 he's a bust.
                Im not saying hes going to be a 5. Guys like Price and Strasburg are their teams future number 1's. Ranaudo could be a 1, but wouldnt surprise me if ended up being a 2.



                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  Im not saying hes going to be a 5. Guys like Price and Strasburg are their teams future number 1's. Ranaudo could be a 1, but wouldnt surprise me if ended up being a 2.
                  That's my point. No way he turns out to be a 1 or 2.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    That's my point. No way he turns out to be a 1 or 2.
                    What do you base that off of?



                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                      What do you base that off of?
                      A lot of it is gut feeling but I don't think his stuff is that good either. The injury even though they say they are being safe scares me as well. Last I dont see him having any upside which doesn't interest me.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        A lot of it is gut feeling but I don't think his stuff is that good either. The injury even though they say they are being safe scares me as well. Last I dont see him having any upside which doesn't interest me.

                        yeah... 6 7 height with 85 mph FB... terrbile. lol.

                        I dont have the same expectation as yours but all I care is durable and service. It can be number one or #3 or even #4. As long as, he signs no MLB contract out of college he will be a solid pick. My beef on him is his elbow even though it is easily repairable comparing to shoulder bum. Any team would be that lucky to have the MRI on his elbow in hands prior to the draft. Also, curveball is his butter and bread so elbow becomes a serious issue for my liking.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                          no way do we pass on Harper if there.we've taken other Boras clients so don't see why we'd pass on Harper
                          Believe me, I'd like to think the O's wouldn't pass him up either but this is a rumor that is going around.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                            yeah... 6 7 height with 85 mph FB... terrbile. lol.

                            I dont have the same expectation as yours but all I care is durable and service. It can be number one or #3 or even #4. As long as, he signs no MLB contract out of college he will be a solid pick. My beef on him is his elbow even though it is easily repairable comparing to shoulder bum. Any team would be that lucky to have the MRI on his elbow in hands prior to the draft. Also, curveball is his butter and bread so elbow becomes a serious issue for my liking.
                            85 mph fast ball?

                            are you high?



                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                            Comment


                            • Woah Jamie Moyer is 47? 6+ innings for the Phillies 0 runs allowed today...He should have a decent season if he can avoid those death panels.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                                Woah Jamie Moyer is 47? 6+ innings for the Phillies 0 runs allowed today...He should have a decent season if he can avoid those death panels.
                                Spring Training. Moyer was god awful last year, and can only get worse.

                                He's a 5 FIP guy with flyball tendencies.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information