MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    Where did you hear that? I've just heard Slowey/Ramos and Hicks/Ramos as two different rumors. I'm pretty sure both were found to be false though, really not sure what's going on in these talks.
    Joe C wrote that the Mariners are currently asking for an ungodly return for Lee.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• The Mariners have until the end of July to leverage for as much as they can. It is reaching that point now where they ask for a ton, just to see who sticks around.

Comment

• Prediction: Carpenter goes on the DL within a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
          The Mariners have until the end of July to leverage for as much as they can. It is reaching that point now where they ask for a ton, just to see who sticks around.
          If I am trading for Cliff Lee, I want these extra starts he's giving me before the 31st, and if it gets closer to the deadline, I am downgrading my offer, not upgrading it. Seattle needs to deal him now for maximum value.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Roy Oswalt threw a 1 hitter today. I wished it was a no hitter. Pirates suck and they'll never be good. The end.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              Roy Oswalt threw a 1 hitter today. I wished it was a no hitter. Pirates suck and they'll never be good. The end.
              I'm always amazed when I hear about Roy Oswalt's story on how he got to the big leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                Roy Oswalt threw a 1 hitter today. I wished it was a no hitter. Pirates suck and they'll never be good. The end.
                SELL HIGH HOUSTON!!!!!! Go go go go go!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I'd love to get Oswalt but Houston's demands are ridiculous.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Cards need a middle infielder who can hit and a Starting pitcher. Anyone Quality SP out there that you wouldn't have to give up the farm for?

Comment

• Seems like there aren't too may starters out there besides the top guys. Lilly maybe but besides that GM's will have to do their work this deadline.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Seems like there aren't too may starters out there besides the top guys. Lilly maybe but besides that GM's will have to do their work this deadline.
                        I was looking at Jake Westbrook, I think Dave Duncan could work his magic with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                          I was looking at Jake Westbrook, I think Dave Duncan could work his magic with him.
                          I thought I read something that he may re-sign with the Indians. If not he's on that list then also.

I meant to mention this the other day but man I can't believe Aubrey Huff is having this great of a year. He's another 1B that has been much better than Howard and could have been an All Star.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                            Cards need a middle infielder who can hit and a Starting pitcher. Anyone Quality SP out there that you wouldn't have to give up the farm for?
                            Kenshin Kawakami. I think Duncan could help him. He was very serviceable last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                              Kenshin Kawakami. I think Duncan could help him. He was very serviceable last year
                              Why would the Braves trade anyone? and Kenshin Kawakami has been better than what his record shows.

Comment

• I didn't know the Yankees pulled Cano from the derby and it wasn't by his own choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information