No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we just move right to the off-season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
      I'm about to say "**** it, go get Oswalt" if the Lee deal goes through.
      Make it happen!

Comment

• Sounds like the Mariners just aren't in love with Ramos. Not that Montero will stay a catcher, but wherever he plays, he's a superior prospect to Ramos.

Comment

• Montero hasn't been very good this year. I don't know the circumstances around his performance but I wonder if the Yankees know something the rest of us don't. I just wonder why they would trade him for a pitcher that they are almost assured to sign in the off-season. They are already good enough to win it all this year without Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Can we just move right to the off-season?
            Does it even matter? The Yanks are just going to re-sign Lee and then add Werth or Crawford. Unless there's a huge "You can't predict baseball, Suzyn" the Yanks should win the WS for at least the next 3 or 4 years. I love baseball and it's my favorite sport but it's really diminishing in my eyes into something that isn't as fun to watch.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Montero hasn't been very good this year. I don't know the circumstances around his performance but I wonder if the Yankees know something the rest of us don't. I just wonder why they would trade him for a pitcher that they are almost assured to sign in the off-season. They are already good enough to win it all this year without Lee.
              I'm thinking this. No secret that he will probably move to 1B but the Mariners don't have a long term plan there anyways.

Comment

Montero hasn't been very good this year. I don't know the circumstances around his performance but I wonder if the Yankees know something the rest of us don't. I just wonder why they would trade him for a pitcher that they are almost assured to sign in the off-season. They are already good enough to win it all this year without Lee.
                My biggest worry was the Twins getting him. In a 5 game series with pitching Lee twice, the Twins could definitely beat us. So could the Rays in a 7 games series if they got him. Montero has been a lot better this month. He's still only 20.

Comment

• Looks like Montero, Adams, and McAllister for Lee.

I like McAllister a lot. Wished we got him for Nady/Marte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                    Implying the Rays can just go sign anyone they want
                    Seeing as how sternberg held a press conference to say money wouldn't an issue for the trade deadline...

Joel Sherman
                    To repeat the #Yankees aren't getting Cliff Lee, #Mariners concerned about David Adams ankle plus apparently another team has jumped in hard

Comment

• I wonder what team stepped in and offered more.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's Texas and Tampa that are offering more to answer my own question.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Now he's going throw a shutout against the Yanks tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            It's Texas and Tampa that are offering more to answer my own question.
                            Is Texas even allowed by the MLB to add payroll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                              Is Texas even allowed by the MLB to add payroll?
                              I heard they would add Harden to the deal to help the money part.

Comment

• Detroit possibly offering Porcello.

I think they can Tampa but just not much. How much is Lee owed for the rest of the year?
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information