MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
    So the M's now have the #1 farm in the league, a 100m payroll, and a modern stadium.
    yup, they could be great team in a few years

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Is it? I can't believe they had to pay Texas too. I actually think the Yankee deal was better. The difference is basically trading Beavan for 2.5 million dollars.
      Considering right handed hitters are dead in Seattle, if Montero can't play C it's not even close.

Comment

Considering right handed hitters are dead in Seattle, if Montero can't play C it's not even close.
        agreed, dont get me wrong I would love Lee in NY, but I have no problem waiting till next year. Seattle now has the best farm system in the league and can be the next Rays

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Beavan is really good. He's better than Mcallister.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well Smoak isn't really a prospect anymore so he doesn't count towards the M's farm.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Why? Montero grades out as an 80 in power. When he gets a hold of one, no park is likely to hold it. Wouldn't you say Smoak and Montero are basically a push in this deal. Adams was playing better than Texas' second baseman and is a year younger. McAllister and that reliever they are getting are basically throw ins, although McAllister is a starter a 3 or 4 years younger. It came down to basically paying 2.5 million for Beavan.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                Would have been nice to net one of Scheppers/Perez, though.

Mariners weren't kidding when they said they wanted an impact bat. Hicks and Ramos are great prospects, but they will never win Silver Sluggers like Smoak possibly could. Plus they can get the hell rid of Kotchman now, too.
                If he gets DFA, I bet anyone the Pirates would pick him up although his left handed swing could be good in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Is it? I can't believe they had to pay Texas too. I actually think the Yankee deal was better. The difference is basically trading Beavan for 2.5 million dollars.
                  A Yankee fan thinking a trade was bad because a team dare turn down the Yanks? Color me shocked......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• 2.5 for Beavan is fine. I don't think paying the rest of his salary is that big of a deal since it's not that much.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      2.5 for Beavan is fine. I don't think paying the rest of his salary is that big of a deal since it's not that much.
                      Check your PMs good sir.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        A Yankee fan thinking a trade was bad because a team dare turn down the Yanks? Color me shocked......
                        I'm just trying to look at it logically. I think both deals were really good. Not that the Rangers blew the Yankees out of the water. It really doesn't matter. We'll probably beat the Rangers in the playoffs, sign Lee in the offseason, and the Rangers will use those draft picks to draft two guys who they'll trade in the future to not help them win a World Series.

In the end if he didn't go to the Twins or Rays, I'm happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                          Check your PMs good sir.
                          Sexy pictures of Beaven?

Comment

I'm just trying to look at it logically. I think both deals were really good. Not that the Rangers blew the Yankees out of the water. It really doesn't matter. We'll probably beat the Rangers in the playoffs, sign Lee in the offseason, and the Rangers will use those draft picks to draft two guys who they'll trade in the future to not help them win a World Series.

In the end if he didn't go to the Twins or Rays, I'm happy.
                            Wasn't actually taking a shot at you, being that you're one of good Yankee fans who's opinion I actually value, but its more of the mindset of the Yankee fans. No other offer could be better then ours. The Adams kid has injury concerns and Smoak is a much better prospect in a position of need for Seattle. This trade could very well be a threat to the Yanks in that Lee has shown how valuable in a series he can be and with that Texas pop............

Thats it I'm hopping on the Rangers' bandwagon

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• The Yankees are apparently PISSED at the Mariners for the way they handled the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                The Yankees are apparently PISSED at the Mariners for the way they handled the situation.
                                They got used by Seattle to get a better deal. Frankly I love it!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information