MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    The Yankees are apparently PISSED at the Mariners for the way they handled the situation.
    Should be mad at Adams for failing a physical.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Wasn't actually taking a shot at you, being that you're one of good Yankee fans who's opinion I actually value, but its more of the mindset of the Yankee fans. No other offer could be better then ours. The Adams kid has injury concerns and Smoak is a much better prospect in a position of need for Seattle. This trade could very well be a threat to the Yanks in that Lee has shown how valuable in a series he can be and with that Texas pop............

Thats it I'm hopping on the Ranger bandwagon
      The Adams injury is an ankle thing. I didn't think it was too serious. He might not play for a few more weeks, but in the long term I don't think it's a real issue. Smoak is a much better prospect than Montero? Montero isn't having a good year in AAA but Smoak isn't really tearing up the big leagues. Montero is also 3 years younger and most services ranked his long term value better than Smoak's before the season.

Lee is more valuable in a 5 game series. Yanks are likely to play the central winner in the division series. Lee beat us twice last WS and we still won, against probably a better team than Texas will field now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        The Adams injury is an ankle thing. I didn't think it was too serious. He might not play for a few more weeks, but in the long term I don't think it's a real issue. Smoak is a much better prospect than Montero? Montero isn't having a good year in AAA but Smoak isn't really tearing up the big leagues. Montero is also 3 years younger and most services ranked his long term value better than Smoak's before the season.

Lee is more valuable in a 5 game series. Yanks are likely to play the central winner in the division series. Lee beat us twice last WS and we still won, against probably a better team than Texas will field now.
        Seattle is need of a 1B of the future, Montero is a C so my assessment stands.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Seattle is need of a 1B of the future, [b[Montero is a C[/b] so my assessment stands.
          Is he? He might be a DH.

Comment

Seattle is need of a 1B of the future, Montero is a C so my assessment stands.
            I look at him as a 1B/DH. Even if they look at him as a C, that would make him even more valuable because apparently thats what they wanted all along.

Comment

• I Love My Rangers!!!!! :d

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                Is he? He might be a DH.
                I'm going off what position he's playing right now, I'm not speculating what he will project too. Frankly I don't believe Seattle was as "into" the Yankees' package as thought, they merely used the media and internet to drum up more interest.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

They got used by Seattle to get a better deal. Frankly I love it!
                  It's genius, any time the Y word and trade talks are used in the same sentance, teams start to pick up the phone and offer their entire farm system.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I'll miss the potential of Smoak. Won't miss his current contributions though. The pitchers we lost were expendable. I didn't see Blake living up to his draft spot. He's a big name because he was a first round pick, but his game is weak. Perez, Scheppers, Main, Font or Kiker would've been bigger damage. Haven't even heard of the other prospects.

Hello Cliff Lee!!!! ...and welcome back Chris Davis!!!

Comment

• D, you traded Main to San Fran.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        D, you traded Main to San Fran.
                        Oh. I've been out of it. Molina for Main? Fair deal.

If Lee doesn't resign, then this will be a nightmare trade.

Comment

• Excited to see Strasburg pitch today against the hot Giants. Posey has been on fire. Probably the best young pitcher and catcher in the game right now

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• What do you think a realistic package is for Dan Haren to Minnesota?
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Oh. I've been out of it. Molina for Main? Fair deal.
                              You and I have very different views of fair.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Good god, this team is so frustrating to watch right now. Can't believe we let these two teams back into the race. We need someone to come in and charge some life into the Twins in the very worst way. Body language from everyone is just miserable.
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information