No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did forget Aumont and Withrow though who also have some upside.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      You did forget Aumont and Withrow though who also have some upside.
      Aumont is probably going to end up being a great reliever, something not nearly as valuable as a good starter. Withrow has some upside I suppose, but I don't really know what to expect from him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        At the time Porcello was the most polished high school arm easy and at 21, he's pretty much already better than most of the people above him are ever going to be.
        Didn't he put up a 4.77 FIP last year? He's obviously going to get better, but it's a bit presumptuous of you to say that nobody except for those 3 is ever going to put up 4th/5th starter numbers.

Comment

Aumont is probably going to end up being a great reliever, something not nearly as valuable as a good starter. Withrow has some upside I suppose, but I don't really know what to expect from him.
          I agree with you but just wanted to mention the other 2 "bigger" names.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
            Didn't he put up a 4.77 FIP last year? He's obviously going to get better, but it's a bit presumptuous of you to say that nobody except for those 3 is ever going to put up 4th/5th starter numbers.
            His FIP was high because he was a groundout pitcher who didn't strike out too many. FIP always kills groundball pitchers.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

His FIP was high because he was a groundout pitcher who didn't strike out too many. FIP always kills groundball pitchers.
              tRA didn't like him either.

Comment

• Moskos projects more as a reliever/closer in the majors. Reason why he started the past few seasons is to build up his arm and his repitore(sp).

Comment

FIP doesn't take into play his great ground ball numbers, which is why his xFIP is 4.32 aka lower. The predictions that he has for this season are ******* stupid though, and only Bill James seemingly gives him an actual improvement.

You're just mad that he's going to be better than David Price.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

FIP doesn't take into play his great ground ball numbers, which is why his xFIP is 4.32 aka lower. The predictions that he has for this season are ******* stupid though, and only Bill James seemingly gives him an actual improvement.

xFIP has nothing to do with groundballs btw.

You're just mad David Price has upside.

Comment

I just took a look at the projections. It's weird they all have him pitching fewer innings this year.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I wish the Rays took damn near anyone instead of Wade Townsend, Josh Hamilton, or Dewon Brazelton.
                        him & the guy who has the longest hitting streak in Tampa Bay history are my favorite rays all time..... Quinton McCrackenn

Comment

• Can someone explain xFIP real quick?
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

xFIP has nothing to do with groundballs btw.

You're just mad David Price has upside.
                            Less upside than Porcello has. Porcello already has very good control (NOT THAT HARD TO DO PRICE) with a great ability to induce ground balls and he showed in Game 163 that he has the stuff to strike out people. Price is almost 3 and a half years older than Porcello.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Can someone explain xFIP real quick?
                              FIP but with league average HR/FB.

Comment

Can someone explain xFIP real quick?
                                FIP with a normalized homer rate.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...