No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys forget about Neifi Perez? I wish I could :(.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
      Did you guys forget about Neifi Perez? I wish I could :(.
      He was the worst hitter ever, BUT he made a big play to preserve Verlander's no-hitter in 2007, so ...
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        He was the worst hitter ever, BUT he made a big play to preserve Verlander's no-hitter in 2007, so ...
        Dusty Baker had the biggest crush on Neifi. I know people who are involved in a Neifiball league, like fantasy but opposite.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Haha very true. He might be our manager when jerry gets fired.
          All part of the Mets plan to save money. 1.5 million doesn't look bad when he's your manager AND utility infielder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            ^^^ x10

We got Robert "No Hit" Andino for him and I consider us an overwhelming winner in that deal, that should tell you something about Hayden. A lot of people thought the change in scenery would help him but it just confirmed the fact that he's just not that good.
            He had a really good spring and was fighting for a rotation spot this year, but he was awful last year before getting sent down.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• The Tigers just traded Nate Robertson to the Marlins for some random reliever named Jay Voss. Detroit is probably paying nearly all of his salary.

Can anyone tell me anything about this Voss guy?

Knowing nothing of him, I hate this trade. This means Dontrelle is the Tigers 5th starter, and Nate has been very good this spring.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

The Tigers just traded Nate Robertson to the Marlins for some random reliever named Jay Voss. Detroit is probably paying nearly all of his salary.

Knowing nothing of him, I hate this trade. This means Dontrelle is the Tigers 5th starter, and Nate has been very good this spring.
                Or maybe D-Suck is cut and Bonine will be made the fifth starter.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Or maybe D-Suck is cut and Bonine will be made the fifth starter.
                  Dontrelle has pitched two scoreless innings so far today with 3 K's and no walks. Spring ERA is 1.06.

He's in the rotation. But I still don't see any benefit in trading Robertson when we'll have to pay 80% of his salary probably.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Dontrelle has pitched two scoreless innings so far today with 3 K's and no walks. Spring ERA is 1.06.

He's in the rotation. But I still don't see any benefit in trading Robertson when we'll have to pay 80% of his salary probably.
                    I just want him gone so I could care less. D-Train won't last (which I mentioned) so it doesn't really matter anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Nate did not want to be in the bullpen and would be a headache. Better to ship him off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        I just want him gone so I could care less. D-Train won't last (which I mentioned) so it doesn't really matter anyway.
                        Right, but don't you think it makes no sense to deal Nate AND pay his entire salary basically?

Nate has been the best of Bondo, Willis, and Nate this spring. And he's the only guy who pitched decently at the end of last season too.

And who the **** is Jay Voss? How many relief pitchers do the Tigers need?!
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

The Tigers just traded Nate Robertson to the Marlins for some random reliever named Jay Voss. Detroit is probably paying nearly all of his salary.

Non-prospect, just another right arm to add to the Tigers' 2011 bullpen mix. Will start the year in Erie

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/11323325020

"#Tigers paying $9.6M of remaining $10M on Robertson's deal. In other words, #Marlins get him for minimum. #MLB."

Pretty good pick up by the Marlins

Comment

• Dodgers send Eric Stults to Japan (so long for being our #5 starter)

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                                http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/11323325020

"#Tigers paying $9.6M of remaining $10M on Robertson's deal. In other words, #Marlins get him for minimum. #MLB."

Pretty good pick up by the Marlins
                                Exactly. This is total non-sense by Dumbrowski. For 400,000 and a nobody prospect, why not just have Nate around as a bit of insurance for when Dontrelle implodes? The team's backup plan for the 5th starter is Bonine. At least Nate could step in as a left-hander to go with the 4 righties in the rotation.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information