MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
    So now that the Cubs single-handedly won the the all-star game they can focus on trying to steal Girardi from the Yankees. It won't ever happen, but I must have hope.
    Anybody but Lou Pinella should be good.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
      Big Jonathan Broxton The Big Right Hander
      One of the more creative nicknames I've ever seen.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Oh well. The Yankees don't have a real DH this year anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          One of the more creative nicknames I've ever seen.
          I don't know why, but you saying this has me laughing uncontrollably.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• PS what I say is not totally random, but basically Gordon Wittenmayer made a story out of very little and so it is all the Chicago Sports scene is talking about.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/24923...ordo13.article
            I am guessing he is using the Cubs job for leverage with the Yankees for a larger contract.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
              PS what I say is not totally random, but basically Gordon Wittenmayer made a story out of very little and so it is all the Chicago Sports scene is talking about.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/24923...ordo13.article
              I am guessing he is using the Cubs job for leverage with the Yankees for a larger contract.
              Probably. He'll get his money though. The only reason he didn't get it yet is because they didn't couldn't work a deal out with Jeter and Mo this offseason and they come first.

Comment

• Oh ESPN. You really don't need to improve the quality of your analysts.

Show a clip of Braun's diving catch. "That's something he really does well."

Apparently Braun is a top notch fielder.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  Oh ESPN. You really don't need to improve the quality of your analysts.

Show a clip of Braun's diving catch. "That's something he really does well."

Apparently Braun is a top notch fielder.
                  You used ESPN and quality in the same thought????????????? Does not compute

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• So what does the a-rod benching do to his "psyche" an will somehow be the cause of the yankees collapse.
                    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Yunel Escobar and JoJo Reyes to the Blue Jays for Alex Gonzalez, Tim Collins, and Tyler Pastronicky.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        Yunel Escobar and JoJo Reyes to the Blue Jays for Alex Gonzalez, Tim Collins, and Tyler Pastronicky.
                        Woah, I didn't see that coming. I doubt Gonzalez keeps the offense going but he's a solid bat that can't do any worse than Escobar at this point. I'm going to miss Yunel's defense though, but I won't miss his pouting.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Yunel Escobar and JoJo Reyes to the Blue Jays for Alex Gonzalez, Tim Collins, and Tyler Pastronicky.
                          Well, um, that's an odd deal.
                          Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life; 07-14-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                            Woah, I didn't see that coming. I doubt Gonzalez keeps the offense going but he's a solid bat that can't do any worse than Escobar at this point. I'm going to miss Yunel's defense though, but I won't miss his pouting.
                            Selling low on Yunel seems dumb to me: Carer low in BABIP, power vanished, but everything else is similar.

Gonzalez is having a tremendous power surge, and is still walking at a 4.6% clip(That's bad.) It's not a huge hit defensively, but Escobar is better, and Escobar is younger. Unless Wren really believes in the power/the prospects, it's a very odd deal.

Comment

• I think the bigger problem with Yunel is attitude. Cox has benched him numerous times for lack of hustle, and it was only a matter of time before he wore out his welcome. If you include that in the trade, it makes a little more sense, but regardless its still odd.

Does anyone know what Gonzalez's current contract is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                                I think the bigger problem with Yunel is attitude. Cox has benched him numerous times for lack of hustle, and it was only a matter of time before he wore out his welcome. If you include that in the trade, it makes a little more sense, but regardless its still odd.

Does anyone know what Gonzalez's current contract is?
                                2.5 mil option next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information