MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djp View Post
    Denard Span hit his mom with a foul line drive today and she was taken from the game with a chest injury. She's fine now, but seriously, what are the odds?
    I demand some fantasy points for this.

Comment

• http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39915

I started one last NFLDC Fantasy League if anyone wants to join. Live draft this weekend sometime.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• This fantasy baseball thread doesn't get enough love so I am going to post this here.

I recieve:

Kung- Fu Panda

I give up:

BJ Upton
        Brian Matusz

It is the first year of a Keeper league. Standard 5x5 roto

My team:

C-Yadier Molina
        1B-Carlos Pena
        2B-Brandon Phillips
        SS-Jose Reyes
        3B-Michael Young
        LF-Adam Dunn
        CF-BJ Upton
        RF- Matt Kemp
        UTIL- Dexter Fowler
        BN- Buster Posey
        BN- Travis Snider

SP- Felix
        SP-Johan
        SP-Matusz
        RP-Papelbon
        RP-Bailey
        SP-Oswalt
        SP-Sanchez
        DL-Joe Nathan(took him last year and stashing him on my DL)

You keep 10 out of 20 players

Comment

• I don't like that trade at all.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Wouldn't do that deal
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Any reasoning or counteroffers would be appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Any reasoning or counteroffers would be appreciated
                I'd say there isn't much difference in value between Upton and Sandoval. You don't seem to need power any more than steals, and Matusz is a potential rookie of the year (and its a keeper league).
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  Any reasoning or counteroffers would be appreciated
                  Sandoval / Snider is not a significant enough upgrade over Young / Upton to lose Brian Matusz in a keeper league.

Based on 2010 projections, with the former you are probably looking at a combined .300 AVG, 45 HR, 165 RBI, 150 R, 7 SB while the latter will net you about .285 AVG, 30 HR, 145 RBI, 165 R, 45 SB. Although you're passing up the opportunity to improve on three stats (RBI is really hard to judge though), you still keep a HUGE advantage in stolen bases and an advantage in runs while keeping one of the better young arms in the game. Matusz is projected for between 80-130 K's and 5-10 wins (with respectable ERA and WHIP), depending on innings pitched.

Comment

• You think Young and Upton will get those numbers or Sandoval/Snider?
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Julio Lugo to Baltimore. Doesn't say who Baltimore is sending. Probably not much, if that.

Comment

• Losing Upton hurt big. Sandoval is a good acquisition because he is a decent backup to Young and Pena. Fowler can be better than Upton as your starting CF if he manages to steal more than 30 SB annually. Fowler at Coors helps lot for power categories.

Brian Matusz is unproven but young. I dont usually chase young southpaws because it is too darn inconsistent to count on during first 3 years of their service time.

If Upton rebounds back and Matusz pitches fairly well then you will get jacked. Otherwise, you will have to pay attention on SB department because your lineup will get killed by frequent strikeouts which may hurt your average and home run for most of days per week. Reyes is a risky factor right now since you dont have any promising SS to replace Reyes this year.

I would not trade Upton away right before this season begins but hey, it is the first year. Good Luck and Have a fun....

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Julio Lugo to Baltimore. Doesn't say who Baltimore is sending. Probably not much, if that.
                          it would be hilarious if they dumped Andino. Having Lugo makes sense. Roberts is not ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                            it would be hilarious if they dumped Andino. Having Lugo makes sense. Roberts is not ready.
                            Roberts isn't ready for what, exactly?

What?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              Roberts isn't ready for what, exactly?

What?
                              I dont know.. oh yeah, he is not ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                                I dont know.. oh yeah, he is not ready.
                                What the hell are you speaking of? Do you not realize that Brian Roberts is an all star 2nd baseman?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information