No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not like the deal for the DBacks. Yikes.

Comment

• Didn't you hear? The PTBNL is "OUTSTANDING!"

Comment

• If the deal the Yankees had offered was true, I don't know why the Diamondbacks didn't take that. This just screams salary dump IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Guessing the PTBNL probably pushed it over the top.
          I'd guess it'd be Randal Grichuk as the PTBNL

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
            I'd guess it'd be Randal Grichuk as the PTBNL
            Keith Law thinks it could be Tyler Skaggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              Keith Law thinks it could be Tyler Skaggs.
              Yea, that makes more sense for the D-Backs actually

Comment

• LOL, stupid DBags.

Here's what it took to get Haren:
                Carlos González, Brett Anderson, Aaron Cunningham, Greg Smith, Dana Eveland, and Chris Carter.

And they dealt him for:
                Joe Saunders, Rafael Rodríguez, Patrick Corbin, a possible very good PTBNL.

Good for me though. I like having Haren out of the division and for a pretty average haul of players.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Anxiously awaiting the fenikz meltdown........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• I wonder if Tyler Chatwood would be part of the list of prospects.

Comment

• I hate my team :(

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        I wonder if Tyler Chatwood would be part of the list of prospects.
                        it sounds as if they already know who the player is going to be. The reason you see the PTBNLs in trades is because you can't officially trade a player until they've been under contract for one year.

Given the circumstances, it is almost guaranteed that the player will be from either the Angels 2009 or 2010 draft classes. And it's much more likely that the player is from the 2009 class.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                          it sounds as if they already know who the player is going to be. The reason you see the PTBNLs in trades is because you can't officially trade a player until they've been under contract for one year.

Given the circumstances, it is almost guaranteed that the player will be from either the Angels 2009 or 2010 draft classes. And it's much more likely that the player is from the 2009 class.
                          Yeah I understand that now. Skaggs seems solid, but I still don't like the deal for AZ. I woulda taken the Yanks offer if that was true.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            I hate my team :(
                            You disappointed me sir

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Tigers, please sell at the deadline...there is no way we can compete this year. No need to trade Oliver, Turner, or any of our other young pieces for a rental...

Comment

• D'Backs really screwed themselves with that deal.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information