Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I highly doubt we'll get Singleton.

Comment

• Heyman has the Astros getting bent the **** over.

Comment

• I would give up Singleton haha IDC.. that team is struggling for some odd reason right now. As long as they don't go trading doc and Roy theyll be in the hunt for the next 3-4 years.

Other notes in the deal according to Jayson Stark.. JA Happ as the frontier of the package as well as Jeff Keppingger going to the Phils.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
          I would give up Singleton haha IDC.. that team is struggling for some odd reason right now. As long as they don't go trading doc and Roy theyll be in the hunt for the next 3-4 years.

Other notes in the deal according to Jayson Stark.. JA Happ as the frontier of the package as well as Jeff Keppingger going to the Phils.
          The reason we're struggling is because of constant health issues, not some odd reason.

Happ has already peaked. He peaked last year. His value is at an all time high right now. It's not that I'm upset at what we're giving up for Oswalt, although it leans in favor of the Astros, it's just why gut our system for Oswalt after trying to restore it by giving up Lee? Should have kept Lee. This is just Amaro's way of admitting so.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            The reason we're struggling is because of constant health issues, not some odd reason.

Happ has already peaked. He peaked last year. His value is at an all time high right now. It's not that I'm upset at what we're giving up for Oswalt, although it leans in favor of the Astros, it's just why gut our system for Oswalt after trying to restore it by giving up Lee? Should have kept Lee. This is just Amaro's way of admitting so.
            Well yeah health is a piece of the pie but I mean guys like Raul Ibanez and Victorino haven't played as well they did say last year. Like I said though getting Oswalt is really solid, and I kind of forgot he has pitched in the postseason lol, 4-0 and with Hamels and Roy being that good that 123 will be among the best. If the bats come alive they could potentially get right back to the WS.
            Coples is that dude.

Comment

• Jeff Keppinger will be useful for the Phils. Getting him back is a nice bonus. Obviously you guys should have held onto Lee, but he made it clear he wanted to get to FA and make 20 million a year. You guys thought you could win the NL without him. Amaro could not have seen these injuries happening. Now while Oswalt isn't nearly as good Lee, You have him for basically a 2 year 32 million dollar contract after this season. Not the 5 year 100 million that Lee will want at minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                Well yeah health is a piece of the pie but I mean guys like Raul Ibanez and Victorino haven't played as well they did say last year. Like I said though getting Oswalt is really solid, and I kind of forgot he has pitched in the postseason lol, 4-0 and with Hamels and Roy being that good that 123 will be among the best. If the bats come alive they could potentially get right back to the WS.
                Raul is another completely ridiculous signing (Raul>Burrell). Halladay and Oswalt is great for the playoffs, I won't contest that.

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                Jeff Keppinger will be useful for the Phils. Getting him back is a nice bonus. Obviously you guys should have held onto Lee, but he made it clear he wanted to get to FA and make 20 million a year. You guys thought you could win the NL without him. Amaro could not have seen these injuries happening. Now while Oswalt isn't nearly as good Lee, You have him for basically a 2 year 32 million dollar contract after this season. Not the 5 year 100 million that Lee will want at minimum.
                As much as Lee loved Philly, I believe he would have signed for 16 mil a year. Keppinger is a great addition, I hate seeing what we trot out there in place of Utley every night.

Basically, I'm doing what I hate. I'm comparing this trade to 'what ifs'.

Comment

• Wheres the Keppinger talk coming from? I cant find any sort of legit source thats even brought him up. It just looks like Oswalt and a lot of his contract for Happ and 2 others.

Comment

• On first take this morning they had Jayson Stark and asked him about some of the terms, and he was mentioned so... yea lol of course it isn't official.
                    Coples is that dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                      There's room aboard the Twins bandwagon, Xio, if you're interested.
                      I would only join so as to secretly dismantle it and drive it off a pier ... into a volcano.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Jeremy Hellickson pulled in a start after 3 innings. No hits, 4 k's. Injury or Trade? Either makes me cry.

Edit: No injury.
                        Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life; 07-29-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• 10:17am: The identities of the other two players going to Houston remain unknown, but ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Astros have pushed hard for minor league first baseman Jonathan Singleton. Stark has an unconfirmed rumor from a strong source that the Astros offered to pay $12MM to the Phillies in the deal.

10:43am: MLB.com's Todd Zolecki tweets that he hears Singleton is in the deal, but Rosenthal tweets that the first baseman is not. Rosenthal believes the Phillies are getting less than $12MM, guessing a few million less.

Comment

• I have to think Singleton is in it. Otherwise the package is completely underwhelming. Especially if the Astros are picking up any of the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              I have to think Singleton is in it. Otherwise the package is completely underwhelming. Especially if the Astros are picking up any of the contract.
                              Yeah, it's not like Happ is some exciting wonderkid.

Comment

• I hate life....Look at the Tigers lineup....6 automatic outs!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information