MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    Wow, Mike Leake made the Reds rotation without ever pitching in the minors.
    Thats impressive...im a big fan of Leake so i hope he does well!

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      Thats impressive...im a big fan of Leake so i hope he does well!
      Oh, he might... for this year, and half of next year before his first extended DL stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        That's the ticket and I do agree with pretty much everything. :) The idiocy of Jacobs batting clean up and Mejia making the team just zaps me of words.

And just like I told you and Forenci, Rubin says GMJ will be the opening day CF.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          And just like I told you and Forenci, Rubin says GMJ will be the opening day CF.
          Yeah I saw that also. The depth of stupidity that Jerry brings to the table knows no bounds. I really can't believe we have a manager that's worse than Willie Randolph. One move is dumber than the other. I still think we can suprise some people and contend for the WC though.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            I still think we can suprise some people and contend for the WC though.

There's just no way. Unless John Maine and Oliver stop being awful. Oh, and Kiko Calero didn't even make the team. Jesus. This is a train wreck. Every wrong move that could have been made, has been made.

Comment

There's just no way. Unless John Maine and Oliver stop being awful. Oh, and Kiko Calero didn't even make the team. Jesus. This is a train wreck. Every wrong move that could have been made, has been made.
              Kiko will be up soon I hope. No need to waste his arm in AAA. Perez is a trainwreck but Maine will be fine. He's pitched well when healthy which it seems like he finally is.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Alright, since no one ventures to the Fantasy Baseball Thread...

I get: Chris Carpenter and Brandon Phillips

I give: Felix Hernandez and Howie Kendrick

While I love Felix with that defense behind him, I think this is too much to pass up on.

Comment

• Phillips is better than Kendrick and Carpenter should give you similar numbers than Hernandez since he's in the NL. I like the deal.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Alright, since no one ventures to the Fantasy Baseball Thread...

While I love Felix with that defense behind him, I think this is too much to pass up on.

That is tough. Hernandez and healthy Carpenter are about even. If Kendrick stays with the team for a full season then he is better than Phillips. Right now, Phillips is guaranteed for at least 20/20 and durability. I probably take that risk.

And, yeah keep whining about Mets. It is only a way to get Mets into WS. I know that because I did with Yankees last year. ;)

Comment

Alright, since no one ventures to the Fantasy Baseball Thread...

I would absolutely NOT do this deal. I think you already have the better pair of players. (Though knowing what scoring system you use would help us decide).
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• ah... Target field. It has dark green on seats and wall. Look good. Very homey.

Comment

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                          ah... Target field. It has dark green on seats and wall. Look good. Very homey.
                          But does it have Trash Bags?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            I would absolutely NOT do this deal. I think you already have the better pair of players. (Though knowing what scoring system you use would help us decide).

It's 5x5 but with OPS and ER as extra categories. I personally like Felix over Carp, but Phillips over Kendrick for sure.

Comment

It's 5x5 but with OPS and ER as extra categories. I personally like Felix over Carp, but Phillips over Kendrick for sure.
                              I think the difference between Felix and Carp is greater than the difference between Phillips and Kendrick.

Despite Phillips' low OBP, Kendrick isn't exactly a stud either.

Is it a keeper league? Because Felix is a stud while Carpenter in any format will be an injury waiting to happen annually.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                                I think the difference between Felix and Carp is greater than the difference between Phillips and Kendrick.

Despite Phillips' low OBP, Kendrick isn't exactly a stud either.

Is it a keeper league? Because Felix is a stud while Carpenter in any format will be an injury waiting to happen annually.

No, just a one year league. Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to try and put Josh Johnson in the deal instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information