MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    yeah does anyone know if its going to be more than a spot start or if I shouldn't have dropped Johnathan Sanchez for him?
    What kind of league do you play in where dropping Jonathan Sanchez is a good idea?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      What kind of league do you play in where dropping Jonathan Sanchez is a good idea?
      a point scoring system one where he is my least valuable pitcher. my team has Ubaldo, Grienke, Strasburg (DL), Tommy Hanson, Matt Cain, Cole Hamels, Clayton Kershaw, Gavin Floyd and Billy Wagner.

so really its between hanson and Sanchez.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Are you in like a 6 team league?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
          The Sox were/are in a no-win situation with Papelbon. You can't demote him because that would piss him off and it's very possible it would negatively affect his play. You can't trade him because that would mean weakening an already below-average bullpen while the team is still in contention for the wild card. Maybe if the Blue Jays weren't asking for Pedroia, Buchholz, and Lester (exaggeration, I know) for Scott Downs we could've acquired him and that would've made Papelbon expendable. However, considering we couldn't get a reliever at the deadline, Theo couldn't justify trading one of our better relievers just because he isn't a top closer.
          the fact remains that even if pedroia, martinez, etc. get healthy, we still probably won't beat the yankees even if we do beat out tampa. if paps still had any years left on his deal, this would be a non-issue, but now the team is poised to pay a guy who has slowly declined into mediocrity at the closer position one of the biggest contracts at the position if they want to keep him, which i figure theo will. especially with the possibility of a nightmare scenario where he goes to the yanks. it's also especially aggravating considering the market for relievers this off-season. the nats got wilson ramos for matt ******* capps, can you imagine what the sox could have pulled for paps?

i guess it all depends on your view of boston's playoff chances... i think that they'll be sitting at home in october, so i thought they should have been sellers.

Comment

• BEAT LA! Errrr, make that SWEEP LA.

Hey Dodgers:

The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
              BEAT LA! Errrr, make that SWEEP LA.

Hey Dodgers:

quoted for truth.

Matt Cain just called me, Dodgers fans, he said you've got to pick it up.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                the fact remains that even if pedroia, martinez, etc. get healthy, we still probably won't beat the yankees even if we do beat out tampa. if paps still had any years left on his deal, this would be a non-issue, but now the team is poised to pay a guy who has slowly declined into mediocrity at the closer position one of the biggest contracts at the position if they want to keep him, which i figure theo will. especially with the possibility of a nightmare scenario where he goes to the yanks. it's also especially aggravating considering the market for relievers this off-season. the nats got wilson ramos for matt ******* capps, can you imagine what the sox could have pulled for paps?

i guess it all depends on your view of boston's playoff chances... i think that they'll be sitting at home in october, so i thought they should have been sellers.
                I doubt the Yankees go for him. I think they will go hard for both Cliff Lee and Carl Crawford/Jason Werth tho and I think they have a good shot at landing 2. If they could swing a trade for Soria, I think they would do that which would be awesome.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Cliff Lee is going to be a Tiger, I don't care what it takes.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Cliff Lee is going to be a Tiger, I don't care what it takes.
                    Honestly it probably is with in the realm of possibility. Don't the Tigers get a huge amount of salary off the books after this year?
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      Honestly it probably is with in the realm of possibility. Don't the Tigers get a huge amount of salary off the books after this year?
                      Willis, Robertson, Bonderman, Damon, Inge, maybe Peralta, Laird and probably Magglio are all coming off the books, so there should be at least $50 million to spend. If Cliff Lee signs anywhere else, I will go off the deep end and probably be in an asylum for a while.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Willis, Robertson, Bonderman, Damon, Inge, maybe Peralta, Laird and probably Magglio are all coming off the books, so there should be at least $50 million to spend. If Cliff Lee signs anywhere else, I will go off the deep end and probably be in an asylum for a while.
                        Cliff Lee is OURS! Hands off, New York!
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          Cliff Lee is OURS! Hands off, New York!
                          Lee has 1 win in 5 starts for Texas. Tommy Hunter >>>>> Cliff Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Please tell me you're joking.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Are you in like a 6 team league?
                              8 man, but they are all idiots and my position players arent that good
                              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                In his 5 starts the rangers have scored 1,2,3,3, and 1 runs. That's so bizarre.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information