MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I love Cliff Lee. He's one of those rare pitchers that actually pitches well IN Texas! Glad new ownership is well endowed and committed to resigning him no matter the cost.
    Cliff Lee belongs to the Tigers.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• They don't call him Sweet Stroke for nothin'! Woo hooo!

BTW, Sox fans... how is Eric Gagne doing these days? We're liking Engle Beltre too. Thanks.

Comment

• David Murphy is an average offensive outfielder with solid defense at a corner position, whoop.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Cliff Lee belongs to the Tigers.

CMB says... "Dream on, dream away.... "

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            David Murphy is an average offensive outfielder with solid defense at a corner position, whoop.
            Exactly the kind of guy this team needs. Dude ain't spectacular, but he is consistent. We have to have some dirty workin' regulars that get the job done.

Comment

• no mention of Arizona's 4 consecutive homers?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                They don't call him Sweet Stroke for nothin'! Woo hooo!

BTW, Sox fans... how is Eric Gagne doing these days? We're liking Engle Beltre too. Thanks.
                Eh...the Red Sox got a first round pick out of the deal, too. Forget who they used it on.

I was/am a Murphy fan, but no one in Boston is complaining about that deal.

Thank you, Rays, Yanks, and Blue Jays for all sucking tonight!
                Last edited by nepg; 08-11-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• C'mon ******* Rangers. Don't screw me.

Comment

• WTF, Rangers? WTF?

Comment

• Dear Cubs,

Please try winning for once.

Thank You

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Rangers... wow.

Comment

• I hate Glen Perkins.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                              Managed to piss off one of the most generally liked players in baseball enough to incite a riot.
                              Bitched at his SS because he didnt have the right glove.
                              Again, Scott Rolen and Chris Carpenter were not fighting. Rolen was trying to Calm Carpenter down because him and Dusty were getting into it. And just listened to the Reds broadcast of it LMAO what homers. Molina started the whole thing? PLEASE. A day after Brandon Phillips calls every Cardinal "little bitches" which by the way He's talking about like 10 players on his own team. He wants "no hard feelings" Taps Molina on the shin guard, from reports I've read Molina responded "I aint your little *****" Then Phillips tapped him again. Brandon should of just kept his mouth shut, and you can't call someone a little ***** and then expect there to be no hard feelings, that's just stupid. And Johnny Cueto kicking Carpenter in the back and Larue in the side of the face, I think Brandon Phillips has a word for that.

But anywho, Adam Wainwright for CY. Nice sweep boys!
                              Last edited by holt_bruce81; 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• wait are we calling Scott Rolen one of the most liked players in baseball? I personally got no problem with him, but he is absolutely LOATHED in Philadelphia. I have lived in PA my whole life and a couple years ago Comcast did a "Top 5 Most Hated Former Philadelphia Athletes" and Scott Rolen was number 2. I'm no Phillies fan, but he treated that organization terribly on the way out.

And I'm pretty sure Rolen's exit from St. Louis, much like Jim Edmond's exit, was because they were coming of serious injuries and weren't producing up to par when healthy. I do remember Rolen having a very public dispute with La Rusa though.

As for Carpenter, aside from the whole Brendan Ryan issue and escalating the incident with Baker, I've never heard a bad word about the guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information