MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    Interesting. Was he that bad behind the plate? Or what was the reasoning behind that?
    He was good, very good. But there were some things that he was still going to work on, and in the end they just wanted to keep him healthy. Catcher is a premium position, but his bat is too good to keep back there and risking getting hurt.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      Ben Balder tweeted that because of this, a lot more players will be looking to do this. I also read that Arizona might get back into talks with him AND keep the comp pick. I could be wrong, but that's the message I got in the tweet.
      That would be so weak. There should be a rule forcing them to give up the comp pick next year if they do end up signing him. Either that or they just shouldn't be allowed to sign him at this point. I don't know if any rule like that exists, but it should. Without it there would be a major loophole for teams to take advantage of.
      Last edited by Stash; 08-17-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Can baseball get rid of these stupid ******* appeals if they wont allow replay?

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

• Jon Rauch sucks so much I can't stand it.

Comment

• I. Love. Jim. Thome.

What a pickup.

Comment

• Go Rays, go Rangers, go Yankees.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                Zach Lee got 5.25 million dollars. I'd gie up football too.
                I was happy to see they got it worked out. Forever it looked like they had no intentions of signing him.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• The Twins won the Pepsi Refresh project thingy that's been advertised. Call me crazy, but I don't think $200,000 should be all that hard to collect from 25 major league players if it means so much. Nice gesture, though.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Nice home run call Hawk.

Comment

• Sick video.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• This is my fifth time watching it. I don't think I'm done yet.

Comment

• Lol, I can't tell if that was 1:30 of silence or if the crowd noise drowned him out. How do you just not say anything as a play-by-play guy? What a joke.

Comment

• Pretty sure it's complete silence. I've seen him do the same thing before to a lesser degree. Probably the least professional broadcaster in sports and to top it all off knows nothing about the game and has incredibly annoying catch phrases.

Comment

• Do they not have a second guy in the booth?

Comment

• Yeah they do that's a good point. He comes in at around :40 right before the pitch. Not sure what he was doing either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information