MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/W...waivers-082410
    Looks like it's official now. This could be a last ditch effort to save the season, or reload for next year.
    I suppose the Dodgers haven't put him on waivers yet.
    Last edited by MidwayMonster31; 08-24-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• I am just awesome, I know.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• No one gives a ****.

Comment

• It's okay that the Mets are stuck with the contracts of Carlos Beltran and K-Rod, you'll be okay.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...what_are_they/

So itís official: He really is an idiot.

His decision to stay with the Tigers is downright idiotic . . . or there is some larger force at work.

I keep playing this out in my head, and none of it makes any sense. Why would Damon want to stay with the moribund Tigers when he had a chance to join the Red Sox for 5 1/2 weeks of stretch-run fun? Why try to keep hitting at cavernous Comerica Park when he could return to friendly Fenway? Why play games that donít matter when you can play games that still matter? ...

Think about it: For the next five weeks, you could live in downtown Boston and your wife could shop on Newbury Street. Or you could live in downtown Detroit, amid the boarded-up buildings and the proverbial skeleton frames of burned-out Chevrolets. Is this really a tough call?

Really. Why wouldnít Damon come back to Boston?
            Dan Shaughnessy

"Welcome to Mastercuts Mr. Shaughnessy,"

"I'll go with the greasy pubic hair look, thank you,"

Comment

• There are nice places to live in this state, and the Red Sox are not making the playoffs.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                There are nice places to live in this state, and the Red Sox are not making the playoffs.
                Michigan is a giant piece of detritus. Although there are some good people there, frankly we should just trade it to Canada for Quebec.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...what_are_they/

Dan Shaughnessy

"Welcome to Mastercuts Mr. Shaughnessy,"

"I'll go with the greasy pubic hair look, thank you,"
                  Well... he's got a point..
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    Michigan is a giant piece of detritus. Although there are some good people there, frankly we should just trade it to Canada for Quebec.
                    Last edited by Borat; 08-25-2010, 05:10 PM.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                      Well... he's got a point..
                      Not really. Damon is pretty ******* honest. He stayed with Detroit because he wants to be on the Tigers. The guy has a couple rings, and doesn't want to be a gun for hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        We could get a lot more than that from Canada for Michigan.
                        We do currently have Joey Votto here. <3

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• I'm so glad we can beat the Astros.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            I'm so glad we can beat the Astros.
                            That was, not unlike New Jack City, a loooong time ago.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                                We could get a lot more than that from Canada for Michigan.
                                We do currently have Joey Votto here. <3
                                Let's face it your'e in no position to make demands, if we wanted Canada we would take it

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information