• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish we never got rid of Greg Golson.

Comment

• Cole Hamels is a stud.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
        Love the way we are playing right now. Liriano looks recharged after some dead arm in early August. 97 mph on the gun tonight. Still worried about our rotation in the playoffs, but we should hit the ball fine and it's looking likely that we'll open up at home at this point, where we have been fantastic all season long.

We might win 100 games this year. Awesome. What has to happen for us to not play (choke) against the Yankees in the first round? I don't remember how playoffs work for baseball.
        Last edited by yo123; 09-15-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• ******* braves. get killed by the pirates and the nats when you're fighting for the pennant.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            We might win 100 games this year. Awesome. What has to happen for us to not play (choke) against the Yankees in the first round? I don't remember how playoffs work for baseball.
            Top seed vs. wild card
            2nd vs. 3rd

Unless same division, then..

1st vs. 3rd
            2nd vs. WC

So as of right now it looks like...

Yankees vs. Texas
            Twinkies vs. Rays

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Top seed vs. wild card
              2nd vs. 3rd

1st vs. 3rd
              2nd vs. WC

Yankees vs. Texas
              Twinkies vs. Rays

Alright good. I actually think the Rays are better than the Yankees but this looks better to me since we annually suck against New York. Now if we could just make up those 1.5 games to pass up the Yanks and get to the Rangers.....

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                Top seed vs. wild card
                2nd vs. 3rd

1st vs. 3rd
                2nd vs. WC

Yankees vs. Texas
                Twinkies vs. Rays
                It's still very up in the air. Only a half game between the Yankees and Rays and it flip the opponents. The Yankees don't seem real interested in pushing hard to win the division. Especially since I think they rather rest their guys for the postseason and play the Twins anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                  Alright good. I actually think the Rays are better than the Yankees but this looks better to me since we annually suck against New York. Now if we could just make up that 1.5 games to pass up the Yanks and get to the Rangers.....
                  You can't get the Rangers cause the Yanks and Rays can't play round 1. You are going to play the WC winner unless the Rangers pass you.

You're also not getting 100 wins. I don't think any team is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    You can't get the Rangers cause the Yanks and Rays can't play round 1. You are going to play the WC winner unless the Rangers pass you.

You're also not getting 100 wins. I don't think any team is.

Fair enough to your first point.

We only have to go 14-4 the rest of the way to get to 100. We're 40-16 since the all star break and we aren't going to play a playoff team the rest of the year. It's very possible assuming we don't just throw in the towel for the last series.

Comment

• Remember when Jimenez, Wainwright, and Johnson were dominating everything in their path Seems like such a long time ago.
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        It's still very up in the air. Only a half game between the Yankees and Rays and it flip the opponents. The Yankees don't seem real interested in pushing hard to win the division. Especially since I think they rather rest their guys for the postseason and play the Twins anyway.
                        Yea, the East is a tight race. It very well could be:

Rays - Rangers
                        Twins - Yanks

Either way, the Twins and Rangers can't play eachother 1st round.

Comment

• Troy Tulowitzki is on crazy fire the last 2 weeks.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jeter just played the home plate ump so hard.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• And of course Granderson hits a homer to put the Yankees ahead.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Dan Johnson rules.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information