MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    I think this is the time for the Twins to finally slay the Yankees in postseason play. I'm not confident in my thinking to say that they dogged it to get the Wild Card, but I think they are more comfortable playing the Twins then the Rangers and I really feel that their arrogance in not playing well down the stretch run for the division will cripple them in thinking they can just turn it on come the playoffs.

That and I think it would hilarious to see Carl Pavano be instrumental in the Twins victory in the postseason over the Yankees.
    While I prefer to play the Twins, I don't think the Yankees dogged it to get them. Neither them or the Rays played well down the stretch. The Twins and Rangers didn't really either. Going all out to win the division isn't as important as getting their guys right. WC teams win all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      The team has to take advantage of the available options to get the best possible pieces for the team. Otherwise, other big market teams are going to crush the Mets in terms of talent. Playing by arbitrary rules that can't be enforced won't help the Mets compete. They need to get the star talent that's out there by going above slot. There are players who can be bought out of college falling to the 5th round who are big bargains. Other teams are doing this and being rewarded. Why would the Mets not do this?
      Like I said since Wilpon is good friends with Selig he listens to him when it comes to overslotting. Do I agree with it? Hell no it's a ridiculous practice that gets absolutely nothing in return.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• They need to fix the WC system. They need a bigger incentive for the team that wins the division.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Manager talk...I still hope the Braves get Fredie Gonzalez. The job was supposed to be his in Atlanta one day anyway, and his release was rather timely. It seems like it's going to happen, but you never know what may happen...the Cubs talk scared me for a while, but he turned down the chance to interview for the gig. Making a deal with ATL almost inevitable.
          It's probably only between Fredi and Terry Pendleton, and those two have been my favorites for the job for years. So I should be happy, regardless. But I want Fredi. Should happen.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-04-2010, 08:59 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• I am hoping for a rematch of 91 world series to tell u the truth. Or the matchup between the central division winners. Unfortanately, I see the Braves, Reds, and Twins all losing in the first round.

Comment

• I'm hoping for Rangers/Giants so I can go to the games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

Rangers 3, Rays 1
                -I don't trust Garza and Shields at all and Cliff Lee will be starting the other game (or two games). The Rays offense is also pretty hit-or-miss.

Yankees 3, Twins 0
                -CC out-duels Liriano and the Yankees lefties feast on Baker and Pavano.

Phillies 3, Reds 1
                -The Reds will steal one, but Philly is more talented, experienced and has the best pitcher in the world.

Braves 3, Giants 1
                -I really want the Giants to win but something tells me the Braves get timely hitting and quality pitching to dominate the Giants. I hope I'm wrong.

Rangers 4, Yankees 3
                -A classic series ends in a 13th inning walk-off HR by Nelson Cruz.

Phillies 4, Braves 2
                -The Braves win two but it's not really even that close.

Phillies 4, Rangers 1
                -Too much Doc, the Rangers are drained from the Yankees series.

MVP: Roy Halladay
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Here are some options that a Pirates beat writer thinks the Pirates will target for their manager opening.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...s-radar/29957/

Comment

• I expect a very Clifflee playoffs
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Playoff game stars in a half an hour, Lee vs Price. Should be sexy.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        Here are some options that a Pirates beat writer thinks the Pirates will target for their manager opening.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...s-radar/29957/
                        For those of us who don't really care, perhaps posting the names would be of help.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Good luck to all the fans here who have teams in the playoffs. I miss playoff baseball very badly.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Good luck to all the fans here who have teams in the playoffs. I miss playoff baseball very badly.
                            Thanks. Hopefully we are in it for more than a week for once.

I heard a rumor that Terry Ryan is interested in the Mets GM job, but that's just talk. Would be interesting though.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I truly believe just bringing Doc to the playoffs was all he needed and he will do the rest.

DOCtober.

Comment

• I've heard we're interested in Ryan but he doesn't really have the passion to GM again unless it's a really special situation. Hearing that I don't really want to beg someone to be our GM if he doesn't have the heart to do so. I'm most interested in Logan White and Dan Jennings.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information