MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    We're sticking with AJ tomorrow. Just great.
    It's either AJ goes against Tommy Hunter, or he goes against CJ Wilson, so.......

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      It's either AJ goes against Tommy Hunter, or he goes against CJ Wilson, so.......
      They should all go on short rest.

Comment

We're sticking with AJ tomorrow. Just great.
        Psh, you already have like 300 championships. Let the Rangers win one!
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

They should all go on short rest.
          That will not go well with Hughes or captain injury. Burnett has been rock solid against the Rangers this year anyway, and Tommy Hunter sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

That will not go well with Hughes or captain injury.
            Andy getting injured does not concern me. He'll retire and we're singing Lee anyway.

Comment

• Coupla things Cliff Lee said amused me.

1) He noticed how unified this team was in the first couple days he got there. There are no cliques.

2) He loves playing with this team.

Texas has a strong chance of resigning him. Better believe that.

Comment

That will not go well with Hughes or captain injury. Burnett has been rock solid against the Rangers this year anyway, and Tommy Hunter sucks.
                Hunter beat the Yankees in mid-Sep. Had 8 strikeouts, 2 ER and the win.

Went 13-4 with a 3.75 ERA on the season. I'll take that from a #4 SP.

AJ Burnett is going to get lit up like a Christmas tree tomorrow. The thing Texas learned today was that they are just as mentally tough as the Yankees...if not moreso. Many teams would've crumbled after the Game 1 let down.

Comment

• I bet Burnett will win cause everyones saying he sucks haha

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Hunter beat the Yankees in mid-Sep. Had 8 strikeouts, 2 ER and the win.

Went 13-4 with a 3.75 ERA on the season. I'll take that from a #4 SP.

AJ Burnett is going to get lit up like a Christmas tree tomorrow. The thing Texas learned today was that they are just as mentally tough as the Yankees...if not moreso. Many teams would've crumbled after the Game 1 let down.
                    He pulled a Scott Feldman and outperformed his peripherals. He's not good.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Coupla things Cliff Lee said amused me.

1) He noticed how unified this team was in the first couple days he got there. There are no cliques.

2) He loves playing with this team.

Texas has a strong chance of resigning him. Better believe that.
                      You think they're willing to pay him 20 million a year?

Comment

He pulled a Scott Feldman and outperformed his peripherals. He's not good.
                        Let me put this in a context you're not seeing. He's good as a #4 SP. Hunter is still very young. It's his 2nd full season in the majors. His career could go either way. But as a supplemental pick, his talents were recognized very early. Feldman was much older when he had his one good season and it came out of no where. He didn't have the pedigree on his side.

Comment

You think they're willing to pay him 20 million a year?
                          I know they are willing to. I don't think you realize how deep the Rangers new pockets are. They beat out Mark Cuban for ownership. $600M+. Lee's contributions will more than repay the team in profits and these business men know it. Once success like this is tasted, you don't give it up because of money.

If Lee leaves, it won't be because of money.

Comment

I know they are willing to. I don't think you realize how deep the Rangers new pockets are. They beat out Mark Cuban for ownership. $600M+. Lee's contributions will more than repay the team in profits and these business men know it. Once success like this is tasted, you don't give it up because of money.

If Lee leaves, it won't be because of money.
                            Plenty of owners have deep pockets. But unless the team is making money, which the Rangers weren't, they don't like digging into them.

Comment

Plenty of owners have deep pockets. But unless the team is making money, which the Rangers weren't, they don't like digging into them.
                              We're talking Cliff Lee here, ok? Enough with the nonsense that they would pinch pennies on him. He can single handedly sell out stadiums.

Comment

We're talking Cliff Lee here, ok? Enough with the nonsense that they would pinch pennies on him. He can single handedly sell out stadiums.
                                In Texas? Probably not. It's not pinching pennies. Owners keep their personal money seprate from their baseball money. Unless the Rangers are profiting enough money to justify adding 20 million dollars to payroll, I doubt they do it. Although I'm not sure if you have anyone of any value you're likely to not resign.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information