Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/18...the-right.html

Anyone think Greinke will get traded? If so, where?
    I just heard on the radio that he wants to go to Minnesota. And he will not go to Chicago, Boston, or NY because of his issues.

Comment

• To all you people who think the Rangers can't compete with the Yankees for Cliff Lee....

Read'em and weap.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/...year-tv-deal/1

Texas Rangers to receive $3 billion in new 20-year TV deal

The Rangers, cash-strapped for years with owner Tom Hicks, have signed a 20-year extension with Fox Sports Southwest that will guarantee them $3 billion.

It is the highest TV package for a team that doesn't own its own channel. And yes, that's $150 million a year before even playing a game, plenty enough to re-sign ace Cliff Lee, bring in free-agent outfielder Carl Crawford, or whoever else they wish.

Comment

• Mike Quade will conquer the MLB next year. Do not look into his eyes you will turn into stone.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
          Mike Quade will conquer the MLB next year. Do not look into his eyes you will turn into stone.

Comment

• I'm suprised the Cubs hired Quade. I figured they would wait to see what Girardi wanted to do.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              I'm suprised the Cubs hired Quade. I figured they would wait to see what Girardi wanted to do.
              I'm not sure Girardi was leaving anyway, but he probably just lost some money when he resigns with the Yanks.

Comment

To all you people who think the Rangers can't compete with the Yankees for Cliff Lee....

Read'em and weap.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/...year-tv-deal/1

Texas Rangers to receive $3 billion in new 20-year TV deal

The Rangers, cash-strapped for years with owner Tom Hicks, have signed a 20-year extension with Fox Sports Southwest that will guarantee them $3 billion.

It is the highest TV package for a team that doesn't own its own channel. And yes, that's $150 million a year before even playing a game, plenty enough to re-sign ace Cliff Lee, bring in free-agent outfielder Carl Crawford, or whoever else they wish.

You aren't seeing the point. People aren't saying that Rangers won't sign Cliff Lee because they don't have the money. People are saying the Yankees won't lose him simply because they won't be outbid. It's one thing to have money, and a completely different thing to shell out 22 million dollars over 5-6 years for pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                  You aren't seeing the point. People aren't saying that Rangers won't sign Cliff Lee because they don't have the money. People are saying the Yankees won't lose him simply because they won't be outbid. It's one thing to have money, and a completely different thing to shell out 22 million dollars over 5-6 years for pitcher.
                  You're not seeing the point. The Rangers have deep pockets and they also plan to spend. FOX isn't giving them that money for them to field a lousy product and have poor ratings.

Comment

You're not seeing the point. The Rangers have deep pockets and they also plan to spend. FOX isn't giving them that money for them to field a lousy product and have poor ratings.
                    There are plenty of teams that have money but ATL was trying to say that the Yankees will not let another team outbid them for somebody they want.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      I'm not sure Girardi was leaving anyway, but he probably just lost some money when he resigns with the Yanks.
                      Yeah I don't think he was leaving but the Cubs screwed him over. He was going to use them as leverage.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        There are plenty of teams that have money but ATL was trying to say that the Yankees will not let another team outbid them for somebody they want.
                        Well for one... It's not the Yankees making the decision. It's Cliff Lee.

Two, the Rangers have already said that Lee is their top priority this season. They said that from the start when they traded for him.

Three, their payroll this year was around $55M. The new TV deal is set to bring them $150M annually. That's just the TV deal... without counting any other sources of revenue. They can afford to give Lee what he wants.

Four, the Rangers have just as much to offer in terms of future success as do the Yankees. Their farm is better, their team is younger, and if they beat the Yankees this year, that might be all Lee needs to see to have the proof.

Five, Lee loves the make up of the team chemistry, the unity and how the team accepted him as a new teammate.

This is far from... Oh the Yankees will not be overbid. There are many other factors involved.

Comment

• It all comes down to the dollar. Lee will go to the highest bidder end of story and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Their farm is better. That's classic. I'm sure all FAs consider that when signing their contract that will set them up financially for the rest of their life.

Comment

• Honestly the funny thing is I think A-Rod actually said that when he first signed with the Rangers. He said he wanted full profiles of minor league systems so he knew they could win in his lifetime. That worked out well.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Zooey is not a good singer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information