MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    They could sign Lee for less than the money coming off for Pettitte and Javy.
    So? It's still messed up. Lee is going to get paid too. Big money.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      What will the Yanks rotation be next season? Lee/CC/Hughes/Burnett I guess/Joba? or Nova or something?
      That's a negative considering the Texas rotation will be Lee/Wilson/Lewis/Holland/Feliz.

Comment

• I hope to God that Lee doesn't go to ny.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Has Greinke said anything in quotes about going to Minnesota, or is this just a rumor?

A package to start would be Hicks/Duensing/Salcedo or something, I'm guessing. I wonder if the Royals would be interested in Oswaldo Arcia, he absolutely destroyed the Appy League this year.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Is it me, or is starting pitcher pretty much the best gig in pro sports?

You work like once every 5 days, you get to dip all the time, and if your stuff is good, you can let your body go. Sure there's a lot of pressure, but there's a lot of pressure at every other position in pro sports too.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• I really wish Texas could end this tonight, but that's asking for a lot... I know.

3-0 Yanks lead... bah.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                Has Greinke said anything in quotes about going to Minnesota, or is this just a rumor?

A package to start would be Hicks/Duensing/Salcedo or something, I'm guessing. I wonder if the Royals would be interested in Oswaldo Arcia, he absolutely destroyed the Appy League this year.
                It's mostly analysts saying the Twins should trade for him. But I doubt that KC wants to trade him within the division.

Thought this was interesting. Red Sox and Yankees are on his list of teams he doesn't want to be traded to.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...teams-in-2011/

Comment

• Alright... I concede. Yankees got this. B2B HRs... ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    It's mostly analysts saying the Twins should trade for him. But I doubt that KC wants to trade him within the division.

Thought this was interesting. Red Sox and Yankees are on his list of teams he doesn't want to be traded to.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...teams-in-2011/
                    I don't think dealing him in division would be a deal breaker. Sure, they'd rather move him somewhere where they wouldn't see him, but the Twins have the ammo to get him. Just my opinion, though.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Goddammit CJ.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I don't think dealing him in division would be a deal breaker. Sure, they'd rather move him somewhere where they wouldn't see him, but the Twins have the ammo to get him. Just my opinion, though.
                        Oh I know you have the ammo. Wondering if the Twins would pull the trigger though. They didn't want to give Hicks up for Cliff Lee. Greinke is a lot younger, so maybe they would include him this time.

Comment

• Anyone see that zit on Berkman's neck? STEROIDS!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• the Twins would have to give up 2 arms AND legs to make DM want to move Greinke in the division

Comment

Has Greinke said anything in quotes about going to Minnesota, or is this just a rumor?

the Minny part is something I red.never heard him say it

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Oh I know you have the ammo. Wondering if the Twins would pull the trigger though. They didn't want to give Hicks up for Cliff Lee. Greinke is a lot younger, so maybe they would include him this time.
                                I don't think that was the reason the deal didn't get done. Seattle wanted an impact bat and Hicks isn't that. He's projected to be a plus plus defensive centerfielder (range and an arm graded among the very best in recent memory) with wheels and some pop. Seattle got Smoak, and that was what made them make the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information