Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah that's why I think that series is close too even though both were 3-1 at one point. If Cliff Lee has an average game (his standards) or a very good game (everyone elses standards) and the offense doesn't figure out Pettitte then the Yankees win, assuming they win Hughes over Lewis Friday which could go either way IMO.

    Thanks to BK for the sig

    Comment


    • I honestly don't think it will get to Game 7. Phil Hughes is overrated and Colby Lewis is still underrated.

      Comment


      • Where did Lewis even come from? After a 2002 debut he only was on the map as a starter in 2003 and a reliever in 2007 and the last 2 years he hasn't pitched in the majors at all.

        Thanks to BK for the sig

        Comment


        • Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          Where did Lewis even come from? After a 2002 debut he only was on the map as a starter in 2003 and a reliever in 2007 and the last 2 years he hasn't pitched in the majors at all.
          I know he was playing in Japan for a little while.

          Sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by umphrey View Post
            Where did Lewis even come from? After a 2002 debut he only was on the map as a starter in 2003 and a reliever in 2007 and the last 2 years he hasn't pitched in the majors at all.
            For the 2008 season, Lewis signed with the Hiroshima Carp of Japan's Central League. He had a spectacular season with Hiroshima, finishing second in the Central League in wins with 15 (Seth Greisinger of the Yomiuri Giants led the CL with 17 wins), second in the league in ERA (2.68, Masanori Ishikawa of the Yakult Swallows was first at 2.68), and 1st in the league in strikeouts (189), beating out Greisinger by almost 20 K's.

            Like his 2008 season the 2009 season was equally successful. He finished with 186 strikeouts, a giving him a back-to-back award for most strikeouts. Although his performance was outstanding, he resigned from the team in hopes of pitching once again in the Major Leagues.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              For the 2008 season, Lewis signed with the Hiroshima Carp of Japan's Central League. He had a spectacular season with Hiroshima, finishing second in the Central League in wins with 15 (Seth Greisinger of the Yomiuri Giants led the CL with 17 wins), second in the league in ERA (2.68, Masanori Ishikawa of the Yakult Swallows was first at 2.68), and 1st in the league in strikeouts (189), beating out Greisinger by almost 20 K's.

              Like his 2008 season the 2009 season was equally successful. He finished with 186 strikeouts, a giving him a back-to-back award for most strikeouts. Although his performance was outstanding, he resigned from the team in hopes of pitching once again in the Major Leagues.
              With Professor D-Unit, you can also learn to copy and paste from Wikipedia without citing! It's a free class!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                With Professor D-Unit, you can also learn to copy and paste from Wikipedia without citing! It's a free class!
                You are awesome.....










                (for a habs fan).

                Also..when would game 7 be? Any chance CC would be able to pitch on short rest

                Comment


                • Game 7 would be Saturday night. Pettitte gets the start for sure but CC can come out of the bullpen if need be.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    With Professor D-Unit, you can also learn to copy and paste from Wikipedia without citing! It's a free class!
                    LOL. It's Wikipedia. You don't have to cite. Plus... I wasn't trying to act like a Mr. Knowitall... just sharing the info.
                    Last edited by D-Unit; 10-21-2010, 02:30 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Game 7 would be Saturday night. Pettitte gets the start for sure but CC can come out of the bullpen if need be.
                      That's irrelevant... Who's gonna help Hughes? If Pettite comes out then he won't start Game 7. Would they bring him out anyways? CC gonna come out? What happens?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Lee is due for a bad game eventually right? Right? For real though I could see the Yanks bats really coming alive in Texas and forcing a Game 7 in which Lee pitches average and the Yanks win.
                        Cliff Lee has a 1.65 FIP in 64.1 postseason innings. I don't know if he can pitch any better.

                        Comment


                        • "Cause we have a bunch of spoiled p****** who think they got it made it's like watching France vs. South Africa in the World Cup." And that's how it really is, we just don't want it.

                          The Giants remind me of the '08 Phillies.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Lee is due for a bad game eventually right? Right? For real though I could see the Yanks bats really coming alive in Texas and forcing a Game 7 in which Lee pitches average and the Yanks win.
                            The only thing about Lee that is susceptible to increase is the homer to fly ball ratio in the playoffs, and I really don't see that becoming a problem in 3 starts or so.


                            RIP TheManInBlack

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              "Cause we have a bunch of spoiled p****** who think they got it made it's like watching France vs. South Africa in the World Cup." And that's how it really is, we just don't want it.

                              The Giants remind me of the '08 Phillies.
                              I can totally agree with this statement if by '08 Phillies you mean '93 Phillies. I really wanted Atlanta to win the first series because I wasn't afraid of them at all as a Phillies fan but while watching the games I found myself rooting for the Giants anyway. Their lineup is full of 'over the hill' veterans and a bunch of spare parts but you threw them together, along with a leader out of the bullpen that the team seems to rally around (Wilson and Mitch Williams) and the young stud pitchers (Lincecum and Schilling) and the young breakout rookie (Posey and Kevin Stocker).

                              Here's hoping the 2010 Phillies can rally and take the next three but if not, I'll have no trouble rooting for the Giants in the next round no matter who they play.

                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                That's irrelevant... Who's gonna help Hughes? If Pettite comes out then he won't start Game 7. Would they bring him out anyways? CC gonna come out? What happens?
                                We'll see what Hughes we get. He was excellent against the Twins in the ALDS and until game 2 had never given up an earned run to the Rangers. Although it was only two starts. Both in Texas though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information