No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those guys seem like douchey people moreso than players but I'm a Mets fan so I'm biased. Ask some fans from teams outside the NL East and maybe you'll get a better view.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      Here's an example of a douche on the field: Youklis. Dude crowds the plate, then takes exception whenever a pitcher throws anywhere near him. That's a douchebag player.
      Joba has no problem throwing at him. He literally used to throw up and in everytime he faced him. Often hitting him.

Comment

• I can totally understand how Rollins would come off as a douche to anyone who isn't a Phillies fan, especially a Mets fan. I can see the Hamels and Werth hate too, I think Werth is a douche and I'm a Phillies fan but I don't really understand how Victorino comes off as a douche. He's certainly a fiery competitor but he's a class clown type of guy and is real laid back and fun off the field.

I feel the same way about Reyes and Wright as you do about our guys though haha

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I don't think Rollins is a douche. He's just not a great baseball player. Except for his one MVP season, he's been an extremely average player who gets superstar status.

Comment

• I don't hate Wright or Reyes at all. In fact, I'd gladly take them on my team any time. As long as the player can help my team, I'm all for having them. I hated the Ibanez signing when they made it. I hate the Howard extension. I hated the trade that sent Lee to Seattle. I love the Oswalt deal. Loved the first Lee deal. Wish they'd swung the Halladay deal last year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• If a player is going to crowd the plate, the pitcher has every right to throw inside. If it hits you, there is a retaliation. It's not only Joba who has had issues with Youklis. The guy is a great hitter, but if you stand that close, you will get hit. Utley gets hit all the time. Does he scream and yell and curse? No. He goes to first base.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Joba's a douche also so it makes sense. The biggets Mets douche to me is obviously K-Rod. I know everyone thinks Reyes is one as well because of the dancing but I don't see it.
                Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 10-22-2010, 10:27 AM.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Reyes is just a kid who loves to have fun. I don't think the dancing is meant to show anyone up. K-Rod has always been an intense dude. However, the yelling after out #1 is a bit much. Showing up other players is douche-y.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I don't think Rollins is a douche. He's just not a great baseball player. Except for his one MVP season, he's been an extremely average player who gets superstar status.
                    I'm mostly bitter that they won the WS and still had to call us out during their celebration. That's being an ass. Also, it bothers me how much the media overrates him as this great player when he's nothing but.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Rollins is a legitimately great fielding SS, but I agree that he's nowhere near as good as his reputation. He is a very good runner, but he really isn't that good. If he stopped trying for HR's and tried to make better contact, he'd probably have better offensive stats. In the end, I'm petrified that the Phillies will overpay him in dollars and years after 2012. Talk about a Jeter situation...

Comment

Rollins is a legitimately great fielding SS, but I agree that he's nowhere near as good as his reputation. He is a very good runner, but he really isn't that good. If he stopped trying for HR's and tried to make better contact, he'd probably have better offensive stats. In the end, I'm petrified that the Phillies will overpay him in dollars and years after 2012. Talk about a Jeter situation...
                        Amen to this. I think he's easily a top 3 defensive shortstop in baseball but his offense just isn't great anymore. His MVP season was the only season where he was a 'superstar' player. To quote Skip Bayless (shoot me now) he belongs in the hall of very good but certainly not the Hall of Fame like some in the media make him out to be.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

See, I don't care what kind of people any players are. I care about results on the field and that their off-field crap doesn't impact the team. When you said "douchebag", I assumed you meant the style of play, which is what I care about.
                          I guess that's where we differ. I'd rather be perennial losers (kind of getting close to that with the Mets) and like all the players as people. Granted, we can never really "know" them, but it's pretty easy to get a feel for a person based on how they act during interviews, sound bytes, and even on the field.

I mean, there will always morons on sports teams, but it won't prevent me from rooting for the team (not the individual).

But yes, I may have spoken out of turn. You guys are probably the second douchiest team in baseball. Red Sox take the cake with Papelbon/Beckett/Youkilis/etc.

Also GF is right, K-Rod is by far the biggest douche on our team. I hate him. Not only because he sucks, but because he is such an ass hat.
                          Last edited by Forenci; 10-22-2010, 10:48 AM.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• K-Rod was actually having a pretty good year. The contract the next 2 years is terrible though. Our new GM is going to have to work his magic for sure.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I just don't understand how you can not like Victorino. He's just a hard-nosed player who grinds AB's and plays hard. Werth is probably a douche off the field, but I don't really consider him not likable.

Comment

• I think douche was the wrong word. I feel as if the Phillies are better classified as massive cum guzzlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information