Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    CC actually didnt wanna play for the Yanks...I remember him wanting to go to SF or the Dodgers because hes from California. He signed with the Yankees because he has an option after this year or next to where he can bolt for free agency.....and he got a **** ton of money.
    He may have wanted to but he liked the money more. I don't recall anyone offering close to what the Yankees offered. If they did then CC should opt out and go to one of those teams this offseason. I doubt that'll happen because only the Yankees will pay out that contract.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      He may have wanted to but he liked the money more. I don't recall anyone offering close to what the Yankees offered. If they did then CC should opt out and go to one of those teams this offseason. I doubt that'll happen because only the Yankees will pay out that contract.
      Id be all for the dodgers paying that contract....we need another pitcher worth the ****.



      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        He may have wanted to but he liked the money more. I don't recall anyone offering close to what the Yankees offered. If they did then CC should opt out and go to one of those teams this offseason. I doubt that'll happen because only the Yankees will pay out that contract.
        I believe he was willing to take less money to go to the west coast, but the MLBPA strong armed him to take the Yankees deal (as much as one would need to be strong armed to take $161 million) so he can set the market for the rest of the FA pitchers. They might do the same to Cliff Lee. I don't think anyone wants to end up being blackballed by the PA.

        Comment


        • I'm a true yankees fan, through and through.
          but I'm also the first to admit, I don't care all that much about baseball. I know when to run my mouth, and I have a ton of posts in this thread saying how much I love Swisher, Cano and Pettitte...
          Jug's the most vocal yankees poster here, but we have plenty of "true" fans.
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            I believe he was willing to take less money to go to the west coast, but the MLBPA strong armed him to take the Yankees deal (as much as one would need to be strong armed to take $161 million) so he can set the market for the rest of the FA pitchers. They might do the same to Cliff Lee. I don't think anyone wants to end up being blackballed by the PA.
            Can you find proof of that?

            Besides, Lee is 32 years old. He won't be looking to reset the standard for being the highest paid pitcher. Sabathia will hold that for a while.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Can you find proof of that?

              Besides, Lee is 32 years old. He won't be looking to reset the standard for being the highest paid pitcher. Sabathia will hold that for a while.
              I'm too lazy to look for the articles i read back then, but i'm sure they're still out there.

              I don't think he'd be looking to set the margin as the highest paid pitcher in the majors, but he will by far be the highest paid this off-season, which could mean a lot to other guys looking for FA deals.

              Comment


              • I agree. Metsox are you just saying that based on your own beliefs or "anonymous" sources? I've never anything about the MLBPA strong arming him into going to the place where there was more money.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  I'm too lazy to look for the articles i read back then, but i'm sure they're still out there.

                  I don't think he'd be looking to set the margin as the highest paid pitcher in the majors, but he will by far be the highest paid this off-season, which could mean a lot to other guys looking for FA deals.
                  I remember this because it was on PTI and Wilbon/Kornholer talked the how the MLBPA strong arming players into taking larger contracts over playing for up and coming/smaller market clubs would just make the gap between the haves and have nots even wider.

                  http://www.faketeams.com/2008/11/21/...mors-c-c-sabat

                  and here

                  http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...urn=mlb-122559

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                    I agree. Metsox are you just saying that based on your own beliefs or "anonymous" sources? I've never anything about the MLBPA strong arming him into going to the place where there was more money.
                    I just said that i read about it at the time, i'm not just making stuff up. From the PA's point of view it makes complete sense to tell the players to take more money because it helps other players get more money.

                    Did you also hear nothing about how the PA was pissed that Evan Longoria signed that six year deal in 2008?

                    Edit - Thanks bofadabizzles. The Yahoo! article is one i recall reading.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Can you find proof of that?

                      Besides, Lee is 32 years old. He won't be looking to reset the standard for being the highest paid pitcher. Sabathia will hold that for a while.
                      I guarentee you Cliff Lee becomes the highest paid pitcher in baseball( at least on an average salary basis)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        I guarentee you Cliff Lee becomes the highest paid pitcher in baseball( at least on an average salary basis)
                        Yeah, I would bet on the Yanks breaking their own record if necessary.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                          I just said that i read about it at the time, i'm not just making stuff up. From the PA's point of view it makes complete sense to tell the players to take more money because it helps other players get more money.

                          Did you also hear nothing about how the PA was pissed that Evan Longoria signed that six year deal in 2008?

                          Edit - Thanks bofadabizzles. The Yahoo! article is one i recall reading.
                          You're welcome and your right about Longo as well because they ran articles here in Tampa about the MLBPA telling him not to touch that due to his age, the number of years of the contract and it being incentive based. He was told he'd be better off playing out his rookie contract and going to arbitration. In fairness to the Rays however they did the same this with Carl Crawford, James Sheilds and Rocco Baldeli and none of them lost money so...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            I just said that i read about it at the time, i'm not just making stuff up. From the PA's point of view it makes complete sense to tell the players to take more money because it helps other players get more money.

                            Did you also hear nothing about how the PA was pissed that Evan Longoria signed that six year deal in 2008?

                            Edit - Thanks bofadabizzles. The Yahoo! article is one i recall reading.
                            So basically it's two links to articles that list zero sources or forms of accreditation and are essentially interjecting their own beliefs as to why Sabathia went to the Yankees?

                            Right. Don't get me wrong, I hate the MLBPA as much as anyone but I honestly don't buy that they're telling players, or even strong arming them into going to whoever offers the most money. Most players will do that on their own anyways.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              I guarentee you Cliff Lee becomes the highest paid pitcher in baseball( at least on an average salary basis)
                              I wouldn't doubt that, but he isn't going to get a deal that beats Sabathia's total.

                              Comment


                              • Lee is the type of pitcher that ages well, and considering he didn't become elite until later than most, I don't see any reason why he can't top CC's contract.


                                RIP TheManInBlack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information