MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
    it would be extra awesome right now if mike and the mad dog were still together
    MadDog has a radio show on Sirius/XM. He's a huge Giants fan. Can't wait to hear it on Monday.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• With all due respect to Michael Vick, I think I found an even better avy. **** PHILLY.

Comment

• Note to Ruben Amaro: Find someone who can hit with RISP.

Congrats Giants! I'm rooting for Cliff Lee to get 2 victories but for the Giants to win it all. As much as I was rooting against you guys the last two weeks, you've got a likable group there and I'll be rooting for you to win it all.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• so awesome.
          Last edited by Brent; 10-24-2010, 08:08 AM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• John Farrell is officially the new Blue Jays manager.

Comment

• lol that's gotta hurt
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                John Farrell is officially the new Blue Jays manager.
                Me sad now

Comment

• From what I have read, he is a pretty solid signing. Can anyone( Red sox fans maybe?) give me some insight on him

Comment

• Nothing major except that we all knew this was coming.
                    He's a GREAT pitching coach(injuries made our starting rotation numbers dip)
                    He's well respected and loved in the clubhouse.
                    There's a reason why Bucholz threw a no-hitter as a rookie and Lester after cancer
                    Beckett's won 20 games with us and Dice-K looked some what consistant

I have no excuse for the bullpen (Minus Bard) and Lackey (waste of money!)

Great signing IMO

Comment

• Roy :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                        Roy :(

It's cool. He'll get a ring next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          It's cool. He'll get a ring next year.

Not if I have anything to say about it.

Comment

• This is a little belated (I don't post much, if at all on weekends), but I have to give a ton of props to the Giants for flat out beating the Phillies in this series. They hit better in the clutch, and their pitchers shut everything down.

The umpiring was pretty horrid for both teams, but when it came down to it, the Phillies hit poorly with men on base, and the Giants did it just a little better. They were the better team.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Why isn't Texas just starting Vlad at 1B? They have been saying basically that they are going to put him in the outfield because they need his bat and will sacrifice the defense. Do they really need Moreland in their lineup? Can Vlad not figure out 1B on short notice?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                                Why isn't Texas just starting Vlad at 1B? They have been saying basically that they are going to put him in the outfield because they need his bat and will sacrifice the defense. Do they really need Moreland in their lineup? Can Vlad not figure out 1B on short notice?
                                1B isn't as easy as just giving him a glove. That would be stupid. The Yankees attempted to do that once with Gary Sheffield late in the season with hopes of doing the same in the playoffs and he was a disaster. It's not that easy. With that being said, do the Rangers really need Francouer or Murphy in the lineup either?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information