MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Is it worth trying to beat out the Yankees for him? Last time the Rangers made that kind of bid, they crippled their franchise for years. I would like to see Lee stay in Texas (he looks like he fits with what they like to do), but I feel like he'll go to NY.
    The Rangers were in a completely different financial situation back then. The new owners are cocky and have the resources to get it done.

I don't know if you saw what I posted earlier... but starting next season they will have a new 20 year, $3 Billion dollar contract with Fox Southwest. That's $150M a year before playing a single game. If Lee costs $25M a year, it's worth the investment. Both sides want to make sure the Rangers are winning cause that will raise TV ratings.

Comment

The Reds don't need any pitching. If they could replace Rolen and add Beltre for a reasonable deal, they should do that. Otherwise, stand pat...
      Thanks for informing me about my team....

Uh no.

We need a lock down ace. We need a Cliff Lee or Roy Halladay type guy to stay competitive.
      We need a left fielder.
      We need a short stop.
      Can always use more BP depth.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        hoping to hit once :)
        Hahaha. That's awesome!

Comment

• My actual hopes are for Werth or Kemp to play LF.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

Thanks for informing me about my team....

Uh no.

We need a lock down ace. We need a Cliff Lee or Roy Halladay type guy to stay competitive.
            We need a left fielder.
            We need a short stop.
            Can always use more BP depth.
            Volquez is going to be 2 years post TJ surgery next year and can recapture his command. Chapman is in the rotation next year, plus there's Wood, Cueto, Bailey, and Arroyo, plus Leake. I like that rotation quite a bit, and it's very possible that the "lock down ace" is already on your staff (looking more towards Chapman and a healthier Volquez). SS is a tough position to fill. You don't find a lot of young SS's on the market, but that can be filled. Nothing really wrong with a healthy Cabrera for another year, IMO.

Every team needs BP depth.

I can't speak to the LF situation, but there are always guys out there who can be had. With some really good hitters in the Reds lineup already (Votto, Phillips, Bruce, Stubbs), they have a nice start. What do you think about moving Alonso to help solve the SS or LF issue?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I would love to have Adrian Gonzalez back in Texas. But Lee is first and foremost.

Comment

My actual hopes are for Werth or Kemp to play LF.
                Are the Reds looking to spend big this offseason? I have no idea how the ownership group actually feels about raising payroll.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...kempma01.shtml

Btw, Kemp is signed in LA for another season. Not a FA until 2012...

Comment

Volquez is going to be 2 years post TJ surgery next year and can recapture his command. Chapman is in the rotation next year, plus there's Wood, Cueto, Bailey, and Arroyo, plus Leake. I like that rotation quite a bit, and it's very possible that the "lock down ace" is already on your staff (looking more towards Chapman and a healthier Volquez). SS is a tough position to fill. You don't find a lot of young SS's on the market, but that can be filled. Nothing really wrong with a healthy Cabrera for another year, IMO.

Every team needs BP depth.

I can't speak to the LF situation, but there are always guys out there who can be had. With some really good hitters in the Reds lineup already (Votto, Phillips, Bruce, Stubbs), they have a nice start. What do you think about moving Alonso to help solve the SS or LF issue?
                    1. Volquez has never shown the consistency to make me feel confident in not getting an ace if we could. We were in the Cliff Lee race down to the wire for a reason. Bailey is frustrating. I dont think he will ever get it. Arroyo is no ace. Leake is not ace material. Wood has potential. Cueto is too wild.

2. You cannot be serious about OCab? He is garbage in the field and garbage at the plate. He was our worse starter.

We have to make some moves with those players for sure. But we need players to compete now and we wont get a bunch of starters for them. Maybe fill one whole.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Are the Reds looking to spend big this offseason? I have no idea how the ownership group actually feels about raising payroll.
                      We do plan on spending some money.
                      Not sure how much. We have a lot of big deals in house to take care of.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• Yeah, E-6 Cabrera needs to go in Cincy (and any other ML team for that matter).

I love me some Yonder Alonso. If Raul Ibanez can be a left fielder, so can Yonder.

Volquez is probably closer to a #2, the rest are back end guys (but solid). Chapman, who knows? He's somewhat of a wild card to be an effective starter.. I don't know if you want to anchor a rotation with the guy quite yet.

Greinke makes a lot of sense for Cincy if they are willing to part with the players to get him.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• To be fair, with the excess production the Reds are getting at 2B with Phillips, they could technically afford a more glove-only SS if they could get another quality season out of Scott Rolen. I wouldn't bet on that, though. That is why I would recommend that the Reds look at Adrian Beltre...

What is the Reds' ownership stance on spending more? A lot of these big name FA's are going to be high dollar guys. With Votto, Bruce, and Stubbs getting towards arbitration, you have to look at the finances to make sure that there is enough money to lock those guys up.

Comment

• Forgot about Juan Francisco as the Reds' 3B of the future. Forget about Beltre. No need to worry about overpaying that guy...

If the Reds go make a move for Grienke, they'll have to part with a lot of talent. Alonso probably doesn't figure to be a huge impact guy in the deal because the Royals have Eric Hosmer in the system. They have him pretty much locked down as their 1B of the future. Alonso could play LF for them, but he's more of a platoon guy there (still has issues hitting lefties).

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                              Yeah, E-6 Cabrera needs to go in Cincy (and any other ML team for that matter).

I love me some Yonder Alonso. If Raul Ibanez can be a left fielder, so can Yonder.

Volquez is probably closer to a #2, the rest are back end guys (but solid). Chapman, who knows? He's somewhat of a wild card to be an effective starter.. I don't know if you want to anchor a rotation with the guy quite yet.

Greinke makes a lot of sense for Cincy if they are willing to part with the players to get him.
                              We have already said we will not bring him back.

We are...well the fans are ready.

I think Wood has some big time potential. If you never got to see him pitch, try to next year. Wicked control and an absolute killer change up.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

Forgot about Juan Francisco as the Reds' 3B of the future. Forget about Beltre. No need to worry about overpaying that guy...

If the Reds go make a move for Grienke, they'll have to part with a lot of talent. Alonso probably doesn't figure to be a huge impact guy in the deal because the Royals have Eric Hosmer in the system. They have him pretty much locked down as their 1B of the future. Alonso could play LF for them, but he's more of a platoon guy there (still has issues hitting lefties).
                                Francisco is not a ML 3B in the long run. Or at least not on a team like the Reds that really live on defense.

Alonso could DH in KC.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information