MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Just my opinion, but World Series > resigning Lee. That's how the Rangers should be thinking.
    Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    They should worry about winning this World Series. Because they could also lose because they didn't pitch him 3 times and he very well could leave anyway.
    I'm not saying they should let him pitch when he wants to, but from every thing I have looked at, he's expected to start game one. Where is conflicting information coming from?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I'm not saying they should let him pitch when he wants to, but from every thing I have looked at, he's expected to start game one. Where is conflicting information coming from?
      The problem is that Feldman is pitching Game 4, and not Cliff Lee.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        The problem is that Feldman is pitching Game 4, and not Cliff Lee.
        I saw this on espn.com:

Giants
        Tim Lincecum
        Matt Cain
        Jonathan Sanchez
        Madison Bumgarner

Rangers
        Cliff Lee
        C.J. Wilson
        Colby Lewis
        Tommy Hunter

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          I saw this on espn.com:

Giants
          Tim Lincecum
          Matt Cain
          Jonathan Sanchez
          Madison Bumgarner

Rangers
          Cliff Lee
          C.J. Wilson
          Colby Lewis
          Tommy Hunter
          Eh, I just confuse Hunter and Feldman all the time. They're interchangeable to me.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Regardless Lee should be starting Game 4.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If Lee loses Game 1, then I would want him pitching Game 4.

If he wins it, I'm ok with what Washington is deciding.

Comment

• Mets are going with Sandy Alderson. Great choice here as he gives us a lot of credibility back around the league. He's well liked everywhere and has a great track record of hiring young executives who go on to become very good GM's themselves such as Billy Beane.

The funny thing about this is that Jon Daniels asked us through back channels to wait until Texas was out so we could interview him as well but the Mets told him no. They wanted Alderson.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Mets are going with Sandy Alderson. Great choice here as he gives us a lot of credibility back around the league. He's well liked everywhere and has a great track record of hiring young executives who go on to become very good GM's themselves such as Billy Beane.

The funny thing about this is that Jon Daniels asked us through back channels to wait until Texas was out so we could interview him as well but the Mets told him no. They wanted Alderson.
                  Daniels has an agent that knows how to drive up his price as well. I don't think any substance was ever there. Just playin' the ole contract game.
                  Last edited by D-Unit; 10-27-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Alderson is a good choice for the Mets. He knows how to work within a budget and will pick the right manager. It's a shame. The Mets might eventually not be a laughingstock...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Daniels has an agent that knows how to drive up his price as well. I don't think any substance was ever there. Just playin' the ole contract game.
                      How is that playing the contract game? He did it behind closed doors and probably didn't even want it to leak not to piss off management. Also, we made a decision before his agents could even use that as a ploy. If the WS had ended and then it started to float I understand but this just comes down to Daniels wanting to GM his boyhood team.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• No one could ever possibly want to leave the Rangers. Not Cliff Lee, not Daniels, NO ONE DAMNIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          No one could ever possibly want to leave the Rangers. Not Cliff Lee, not Daniels, NO ONE DAMNIT.
                          ya obviously...didn't you hear they have a new TV deal. That is the ultimate trump card. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if MLB just has to shut down soon because the Rangers will just sign every good player ever. I mean...man...the things a TV deal can do for you.

Comment

• Pirates>Rangers

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              Pirates>Rangers
                              At sucking? At missing the playoffs? At drafting poorly? At developing players?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                                At sucking? At missing the playoffs? At drafting poorly? At developing players?
                                I hate you. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information