No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyward's swing kinda reminds me of Cliff Floyd's swing.

Comment

• Ok just got home from work so a few things.

1) Great to see the Mets win today but the season will depend on starters 2-5. Also good to see contributions from all the new Mets.

2) I hate that Heyward is in the division but wow. Great way to start off the career and that was an absolute bomb.

3) The Cubs really suck. I posed this question to Jughead earlier but why do the Mets take so much sh*t and the Cubs get off so easy? We have a better farm, better young superstars, and a better record the last 4 years even with the disaster last year. Even with that all you hear is how bad the Mets are when in reality we're not that bad off.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        3) The Cubs really suck. I posed this question to Jughead earlier but why do the Mets take so much sh*t and the Cubs get off so easy? We have a better farm, better young superstars, and a better record the last 4 years even with the disaster last year. Even with that all you hear is how bad the Mets are when in reality we're not that bad off.
        That is because people expect the Cubs to be terrible. They have the nickname lovable losers for a reason. The cubs have a bad farm system, over paying mediocre players and have no plan for the future. They have an old stadium with some bad sight lines and it is falling apart. It will never be replaced.

Oh, and they have a terrible GM.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
          That is because people expect the Cubs to be terrible. They have the nickname lovable losers for a reason. The cubs have a bad farm system, over paying mediocre players and have no plan for the future. They have an old stadium with some bad sight lines and it is falling apart. It will never be replaced.

Oh, and they have a terrible GM.
          I think Lou still commands a lot of respect around the league and from people who watch it. Where Manuel and Minaya deserve zero respect.

Also the Mets have become a laughing stock with the way they handle their players and their injuries. The team is better than the record indicates but they can't get out of their own way.

Comment

• Because everyone pities Cub fans.

No one feels bad for Met fans.

Cub fans accept that we are just ****** year in year out.

Plus convenient you arbitrarily choose "4 years" as a time frame, which include the Cubs winning like 60 games. Over the last 3 years, the Cubs are 18 games better than the Mets. Hell, throw out both teams worst years in the last 4, and the Cubs are still 5 games better.

And the reason the Mets get more ****, is for all the reasons you mentioned. They have a better farm, better young players, better talent overall, and a bigger payroll, yet they are "as bad" as the Cubs.

I know, it's appalling that a team that one paper bests the Cubs in most categories is scrutinized more for achieving just as much, or I should say little. What on earth is the world thinking.

Comment

• How the hell do you give up a home run to Jeff "I slug .320" Mathis?

Get your **** together Baker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                I think Lou still commands a lot of respect around the league and from people who watch it. Where Manuel and Minaya deserve zero respect.

Also the Mets have become a laughing stock with the way they handle their players and their injuries. The team is better than the record indicates but they can't get out of their own way.
                I agree with some of that but you never heard that untill last year. Last year was rock bottom and I would be hard pressed to see it get worse than that. Minaya is an average GM and gets way more hate than he should. Manuel is horrible.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Just wonder who will be a Mets manager for 2011 season?

Just throw some names in so I can monitor them to get better idea of them.

One site keeps mentioning former Met players for that job like Backman, hojo and carter. I dont buy it.
                  Last edited by YotoJets007; 04-05-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Dusty Baker for Jose Reyes. Straight up.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                      Dusty Baker for Jose Reyes. Straight up.
                      I should neg rep you for even fathoming that idea.

However, your joking is duly noted.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        I should neg rep you for even fathoming that idea.

However, your joking is duly noted.
                        Hey he went to the WS....Don't you wanna go to the WS?

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          Hey he went to the WS....Don't you wanna go to the WS?
                          He'll also let Mejia start, but might have him throw 120 pitches on short rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            He'll also let Mejia start, but might have him throw 120 pitches on short rest.
                            can you say championship?

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• Neshek is pissed that Butler lost.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I hate Jose Mijares.

Comment

Working...