No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could see Vlad getting 7 or 8 mil on a one year deal.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I could see Vlad getting 7 or 8 mil on a one year deal.
      That's a lot less than $9M.

Comment

I could see Vlad getting 7 or 8 mil on a one year deal.
        Eh, his defense is so bad that he's limited to the AL and there are a lot of things going against him. He was much worse in the second half, and his home/road splits were pretty extreme.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Eh, his defense is so bad that he's limited to the AL and there are a lot of things going against him. He was much worse in the second half, and his home/road splits were pretty extreme.
          Makes him sound more like a $5-6M guy. ;)

Comment

Someone will still gamble on him in the AL. Maybe Texas re-signs him to 6 or 7 million. He gets no less than $6 million though from any team.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Someone will still gamble on him in the AL. Maybe Texas re-signs him to 6 or 7 million. He gets no less than $6 million though from any team.
              I would love to bring him back. ...and Texas loves Vlad too.

Who were the teams other than Texas going for him last year? I want to know who the competition might be.

Comment

• Sandberg is being ridiculous. The Cubs gave him the opportunity to manage and moved him up a class every year. They retire his number and give him a real interview for the big league job. Three years is not that much experience, he is just being a brat.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Who were the teams other than Texas going for him last year?
                  Honestly I don't remember, probably not many. He did have a good year though and his bat can still play in this league.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Damn, Red Sox picked up a $12.5M option for David Ortiz. They are nuts.

Comment

• Rest in Peace, Sparky Anderson. One of the Greatest Managers of All Time.

Comment

• Two Detroit legends passing away in the same year. Rough year, although Sparky lived his time and was a damn good manager (from what I know).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Two Detroit legends passing away in the same year. Rough year, although Sparky lived his time and was a damn good manager (from what I know).
                          Eh... 3 World Series rings... 2 with the Reds, 1 with the Tigers.... I'd say he was damn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Eh... 3 World Series rings... 2 with the Reds, 1 with the Tigers.... I'd say he was damn good.
                            Torre's got 4. And I still think he's an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              Torre's got 4. And I still think he's an idiot.
                              Sparky has 3 and did it when you couldnt buy rings.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                                Sparky has 3 and did it when you couldnt buy rings.
                                Was he the GM too? The Big Red Machine was stacked. While you couldn't buy teams back then, (you actually could but people hadn't yet) getting the keys to the Big Red Machine was pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information