MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Was he the GM too? The Big Red Machine was stacked. While you couldn't buy teams back then, (you actually could but people hadn't yet) getting the keys to the Big Red Machine was pretty nice.
    Hell, Lou Piniella made a career off it.

(not the Big Red Machine, but winning a World Series and living off that for the rest of his career without doing much else.)
    Last edited by iowatreat54; 11-04-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Damn, Red Sox picked up a $12.5M option for David Ortiz. They are nuts.
      How? I'm glad they did.
      30/100 players don't grow on trees. Plus, don't underestimate loyalty
      Next step is to attempt to trade for Adrian Gonzalez
      then shift Youk to 3rd base
      If not, re-sign Beltre (our best player last year)

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they abondon the J.D. Drew project and go after another OF via FA (Crawford? Werth? <-- More realistic)
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
        How? I'm glad they did.
        30/100 players don't grow on trees. Plus, don't underestimate loyalty
        Next step is to attempt to trade for Adrian Gonzalez
        then shift Youk to 3rd base
        If not, re-sign Beltre (our best player last year)

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they abondon the J.D. Drew project and go after another OF via FA (Crawford? Werth? <-- More realistic)
        Jon Heyman said he thinks the Red Sox are the favorites for Werth. But Philly is making a strong push to actually keep him.

Comment

• R.I.P. Sparky

Last edited by CJSchneider; 11-04-2010, 06:09 PM.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Watch the Phillies sign Werth and then trade Utley. That seems like a Ruben Amaro type of move.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Watch the Phillies sign Werth and then trade Utley. That seems like a Ruben Amaro type of move.
              I just don't get what they'd do. Brown didn't really tear up the majors but keep him in AAA for another whole year until Ibanez is gone? I know they had said previously they were looking for a right handed bat to platoon with Brown for one year to ease him in.

Is Utley going to be injury prone for the rest of his career? He hit his prime kind of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                I just don't get what they'd do. Brown didn't really tear up the majors but keep him in AAA for another whole year until Ibanez is gone? I know they had said previously they were looking for a right handed bat to platoon with Brown for one year to ease him in.
                A platoon mate for Brown and Ibanez is probabaly the best move for them. Any good right handed bats out there in FA that could split time with them?

I know some Phillies fans think Utley is going to be hurt and actually do want to trade him while he still is at max value. As a Mets fan I hope that goes down.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jay Bruce qualified for Super 2 and now should get a decent pay raise. Sucks for the Reds. So many teams delay their calling up of rookies that it actually lowered the Super 2 eligibility. This is exactly what the Reds were probably trying to avoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                    Sandberg is being ridiculous. The Cubs gave him the opportunity to manage and moved him up a class every year. They retire his number and give him a real interview for the big league job. Three years is not that much experience, he is just being a brat.
                    He wants to be the head guy in the bigs and right now the cubs dont want to make him that so hes gonna go somewhere he can be.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Well AA made some interesting moves today. Definately putting a premium on getting high draft picks. Looks like the Jays could be getting an additional 7 draft picks in the top 50 or so which is pretty crazy.

Comment

• hey I know it's months away but is there a fantasy baseball league you guys do? I want to get in on a league this year but I only know people interested in fantasy football.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          I would love to bring him back. ...and Texas loves Vlad too.

Who were the teams other than Texas going for him last year? I want to know who the competition might be.
                          I'd be surprised if Vlad didn't get a pretty good contract offer. I mean despite being older and pretty much limited to DH, he was hitting 4th in a world series lineup. He is a very desirable tool for a manager as well since he can hit anything. You can call hit and runs with extreme confidence and when the rest of your team can't get to a pitcher that keeps throwing breaking balls in the dirt, Vlad is the guy to break a slump and throw off the tempo of a pitcher throwing great.

The Brewers new manager, in case you missed it:
                          Ron Roenicke, former LAA bench coach

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Who are some guys you want to sign in the offseason? For the Pirates:

1 or 2 of:

Rich Harden, Jeremy Bonderman, Kevin Correia, Jeff Francis, Kevin Millwood, Jon Garland, and Erik Bedard

A 1B or OF like:

Andy Marte, Russell Branyan, Austin Kearns, Bill Hall, Jorge Cantu, Jeremy Hermida, and Lyle Overbay

Possibly a short stop like Orlando Cabrera or Nick Punto.

Some more relievers.

I know a lot of these guys are wishful thinking, but I believe they could land one or two of the FA starters up there that I listed.

Comment

• Of course days after I say Montero will never play for the Yankees, they claim they want him to hopefully grab the catcher job out of spring training. We'll see if it's true or just talking up his ability behind the plate for a trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Who are some guys you want to sign in the offseason?
                                The Brewers need starting pitching like crazy. I think they trade Prince Fielder for pitching and sign a 1st baseman.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information