• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put Davey in the Hall of Fame.

That is all.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• Jeter winning is really of no surprise to me at all. And Heyman's stupidity is just overwhelming this offseason.

SI_JonHeyman

heres what i say to all the jeter rippers: he is possibly the worst player ever who'll have 3,500 hits and 5 rings

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        Jeter winning is really of no surprise to me at all. And Heyman's stupidity is just overwhelming this offseason.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Gold Gloves are worthless. Fangraphs or some other stat/discussion site should just start there own defensive awards. I don't recall seeing a bigger disparity in defense between #1 and #2 than at 1B in the AL, but they give it to Tex.

Comment

• I heard this mentioned on MLBN.If/When Lee leaves TX do the Rangers then make a play for Greinke?

Comment

• This annoying ass Prime 9 countdown reminds me how insanely overrated Eddie Murray is amongst baseball writers.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Jeter over Andrus is an absolute joke.
                Didn't Andrus make an ass-ton of errors this year?

edit - I'm not saying Jeter should have won. He shouldn't. That guy has had probably the worst SS range in baseball for half a decade now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  Didn't Andrus make an ass-ton of errors this year?

edit - I'm not saying Jeter should have won. He shouldn't. That guy has had probably the worst SS range in baseball for half a decade now.
                  Errors don't really matter that much, but I suppose Alexi Ramirez deserved it more. Forgot about that bastard.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Brodeur, who do you want the Tigers to sign?

Comment

Errors don't really matter that much
                      For who wins the gold glove? Are you being serious?

Comment

• I desperately want Cliff Lee, but that's not happening so I want Carl Crawford and the duo of Austin Kearns and Jim Thome for a DH platoon.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

For who wins the gold glove? Are you being serious?
                          They don't matter in the sense that they really shouldn't be weighted too much. Range is far more important, and players who get to more balls tend to have more errors.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

They don't matter in the sense that they really shouldn't be weighted too much. Range is far more important, and players who get to more balls tend to have more errors.
                            If we're talking about game value, I might agree (probably not though). For an award that is solely about being a good fielder, which is a pretty isolated consideration, I think errors are a huge deal.

Comment

If we're talking about game value, I might agree (probably not though). For an award that is solely about being a good fielder, which is a pretty isolated consideration, I think errors are a huge deal.
                              But the thing is, a guy like Jhonny Peralta doesn't make as many errors as a guy like Elvis Andrus does at short, but Andrus is a far better defender because he's got way better range and is able to get to more balls. Errors is just not all that big of a deal when valuing guys against each other because again, guys with more range tend to have more errors because they get to more balls.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

But the thing is, a guy like Jhonny Peralta doesn't make as many errors as a guy like Elvis Andrus does at short, but Andrus is a far better defender because he's got way better range and is able to get to more balls. Errors is just not all that big of a deal when valuing guys against each other because again, guys with more range tend to have more errors because they get to more balls.
                                I'm not saying just look at errors (there are plenty of useful metrics out there, not to mention watching lots and lots of baseball), but I'm also not going to pretend that just because a guy is fast it's okay if his glove-work is sloppy or he sucks at making throws off his back foot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information