No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget the A's won the bid for Iwakuma as well which is going to give them some even better depth in their pitching staff.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Don't forget the A's won the bid for Iwakuma as well which is going to give them some even better depth in their pitching staff.
      They always had depth. They need quality.

Comment

• Anderson and Cahill are more than quality for the front of the rotation.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          They always had depth. They need quality.
          This statement applies much more to their lineup than their pitching. They have plenty of #7-9 hitters (about 10 or 12), but it's the top of the lineup that requires some working.

In terms of pitching, they are fine at the top--Anderson and Cahill as 1-2 is very quality. Gio and Braden provide much better than average #3 and #4 options and any of their options at #5 is a safe bet to be one of the best #5 pitchers in the league.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Do you guys think Texas has a chance at resigning Cliff Lee?

I'm hearing some rumors that he's staying.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
              Do you guys think Texas has a chance at resigning Cliff Lee?

I'm hearing some rumors that he's staying.
              What rumors?

Comment

• I just found this hahahahah

I imagine that's what it would be like.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  What rumors?
                  If you guys don't re-sign Lee has there been talk about about trying to pry Greinke from KC?T does have the type of system that would attract the Royals

Comment

• Clint Hurdle seems like the new Pirates manager, but I don't think it'll be announced soon, since he's a finalist for the Mets job.

Also, Cameron Maybin to the Padres is also close. Sucks that he has busted so far in the majors. I wanted him more than I wanted Cutch in that year. Maybin still has a lot of time left to prove he's worthy.

Comment

• Can the dodgers just make my year and sign Carl Crawford?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        Also, Cameron Maybin to the Padres is also close. Sucks that he has busted so far in the majors. I wanted him more than I wanted Cutch in that year. Maybin still has a lot of time left to prove he's worthy.
                        Sounds like Maybin for Webb and Mujica.

That Miggy trade has now got to be one of the worst. Essentially it was Cabrera for 2 middle relievers and Andrew Miller. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
                          Sounds like Maybin for Webb and Mujica.

That Miggy trade has now got to be one of the worst. Essentially it was Cabrera for 2 middle relievers and Andrew Miller. Wow.
                          Since Miller was traded to the Bo Sox for a reliever and Burke Badenhop was also in the deal, it's 4 middle relievers.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Since Miller was traded to the Bo Sox for a reliever and Burke Badenhop was also in the deal, it's 4 middle relievers.
                            Man, that's just bad.

Comment

• Don't forget about Mike Rabelo! That trade makes up for Jair Jurrgens.

Comment

• http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_fla

MIAMI -- With contract talks stalled, the Marlins are in the process of measuring trade interest for Dan Uggla.

FOXSports.com reports that the Marlins have had discussions with the Tigers regarding the power-hitting second baseman.
                                Along with having contact with the Tigers, the Marlins have received calls from at least two unidentified National League teams.
                                Cardinals better be one of the NL teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information