MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    It seems like the White Sox are willing to deal Gavin Floyd. He'd be a real nice fit in the Mets rotation and he's signed to a team friendly deal. I wonder what Williams would want in return.
    CSN Chicago just said that Williams told the Marlins they could talk to Ozzie Guillen about managing only if they gave the Sox a top level prospect.

That should tell you just about what you can expect from the assclown.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      CSN Chicago just said that Williams told the Marlins they could talk to Ozzie Guillen about managing only if they gave the Sox a top level prospect.

That should tell you just about what you can expect from the assclown.
      Haha. I still can't believe Williams won a WS.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Floyd's deal starts kicking up next year. It is $5 million next year, then 7, then 9.
        The basic pattern with Floyd is that he has a really ****** start in April and May, turns it on in June, is great in July, then has some kind of injury after August. Just don't rely on him to win any big games. Either Floyd is used as part of a big trade, or they fill other holes. His numbers look solid, but he's been real up and down after 2008. Selling high won't be the worst thing in the world, as long as everyone else thinks he's better than he really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by bofadabizzles View Post
          So it begins. If he's 80 - 85% of what he was last year that's a good signing. If he's what he was last year then it's a great signing, he was rock solid here in Tampa. Any word on the Tigers signing Carl Crawford as well? Rays Index has said all along that it was the Tigers or Angels(no surprise) with the Tigers being the favorites.
          I don't see Crawford headed to Detroit, but I'd love it. My money is on the Angels.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• DLR could be off the market by Thanksgiving. Looks like the Pirates and Nats are favs. I want to land him so bad, but I'm also nervous as hell.

Comment

• Buster Olney thinks the Cardinals will sign Juan Uride, yippie!

And reports are that Albert Pujols is seeking a 10 year 300 million dollar deal.

Comment

• So, Uggla. The Braves are a good year from Freeman, and a competent CF from a solid lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                  And reports are that Albert Pujols is seeking a 10 year 300 million dollar deal.
                  Yikes, so much for the hometown discount.

Comment

• I'd pay as much money as possible to keep that dude around our ball club. IDC what else happens. He IS our offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                      So, Uggla. The Braves are a good year from Freeman, and a competent CF from a solid lineup.
                      Well, BJ Upton could be had conceivably I suppose.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                        Buster Olney thinks the Cardinals will sign Juan Uride, yippie!

If true, let Albert walk. What team has the money to sign that contract? The Yanks have Teixeira.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          If true, let Albert walk. What team has the money to sign that contract? The Yanks have Teixeira.
                          That's what they were talking about all day today on the radio, Pujols isn't worth that big of a contract. 5-6 years around 150 million is the max In my opinion the Cardinals should offer, Don't want another A-Rod contract on your hands, where toward the end of the contract your still paying the guy a boatload of cash to hit 20 home runs.

Comment

• Pujols deserves it...

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Let's here your offers for Justin Upton

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                Let's here your offers for Justin Upton
                                Luis Castillo, Ollie Perez, and a low level minor leaguer.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information