MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    Luis Castillo, Ollie Perez, and a low level minor leaguer.
    I say we give them Cory Vaughn to be nice.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
      Floyd's deal starts kicking up next year. It is $5 million next year, then 7, then 9.
      The basic pattern with Floyd is that he has a really ****** start in April and May, turns it on in June, is great in July, then has some kind of injury after August. Just don't rely on him to win any big games. Either Floyd is used as part of a big trade, or they fill other holes. His numbers look solid, but he's been real up and down after 2008. Selling high won't be the worst thing in the world, as long as everyone else thinks he's better than he really is.
      He puts up pretty good numbers in a hitters ballark in the AL. Put him in the the NL with a huge ballpark and I think he could slot in real nice. His FIP and xFIP the last 2 years have actually showed he's pitching better than what his E.R.A. indicates and it's not like that numbers looks bad.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        Let's here your offers for Justin Upton
        Casey Kelly, Jacoby Ellsbury, Anthony Rizzo, Stolmy Pimentel, and one of Kalish/Anderson. Lower level prospects if you want them too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I seen the BoSox are starting out with Bard/Ellsbury for a Upton deal. That'd be a good starting point for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            I seen the BoSox are starting out with Bard/Ellsbury for a Upton deal. That'd be a good starting point for them.
            Bard would be a big change of direction for them. I thought they'd trade Papelbon or just let him walk after this year and give Bard the job.

Comment

• Yeah, Bard is probably a chip we aren't willing to give up. He's taking Paps job soon.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Ellsbury is overrated. The D'backs need to get way more than that.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Ellsbury is overrated. The D'backs need to get way more than that.
                  He is incredibly overrated and if I were them I wouldn't take anything less than a package of Bard and a bunch or prospects, but he's good enough to be a chip. More valuable to a National League team than he is for us at the moment.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I haven't watched Justin Upton. What exactly makes him so valuable to give up Bard and Ellsbury?
                    Ellsbury is one of the best leadoff men in the bigs and has great range in CF.
                    Bard is lights out in the back end (wherever it may be) of a game.

Is it potential? Is he a great defensive player? Is number don't look all that great TBH so I'm just curious.
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Brooks Conrad, Kyle Farsnworth and Rick Ankiel. Oh, and Nate McClouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                        I haven't watched Justin Upton. What exactly makes him so valuable to give up Bard and Ellsbury?
                        Ellsbury is one of the best leadoff men in the bigs and has great range in CF.
                        Bard is lights out in the back end (wherever it may be) of a game.

Is it potential? Is he a great defensive player? Is number don't look all that great TBH so I'm just curious.
                        5 tool player with a career line of .272/.352/.471 and he's only 23 years old. If he can stay healthy, he might be among the best players in baseball for the next 10 years. A reliever and a decent CF are certainly worth it.

Comment

Jacob Turner and Rick Porcello. That's better than Ellsbury/Bard at least (NO AUSTIN JACKSON DAMMIT).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• D-Backs aquired Juan Miranda. Could be a low risk high reward player for them as the lefty half of a platoon at 1B. Team control for 6 years, but out of options.

Comment

• Felix wins, which means by proxy............WE HAVE WON!

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Great news for baseball. The vote wasn't even that close apparently.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information