No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco signing Huff to that deal only makes sense. A few million more doesn't make much sense to worry about. Burrell is going to walk (he cost $9 mil in 2010) and it's likely that the youngster Belt is going to take over left field by the mid-way point next season, if not by opening day.

Huff has his high points and low points every season, but he's an incredibly useful part of that offense. Keeping experience in that lineup is important.

Comment

• A two year deal for 11M isn't that steep a price to pay. Not idiotic at all. If it were a 3 or a 4 year deal, yeah, but you can except Huff to be productive next year and above average the next year at the least and then you're done. They don't exactly have someone hanging around waiting to take his job or are in the market to get someone better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Not looking good for the Rangers to sign Lee.... :(

"Nolan Ryan told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that he expects the Yankees to outbid the Rangers for Cliff Lee (Twitter link). The Rangers will try to sell the appeal of Texas to Lee, an Arkansas native, but they don't have the same spending power as the Yankees."

"Neftali Feliz told Jose Caceres of Hoy he's heard rumors about the Rangers planning to move him to the rotation, but on the team's end, "Nobody has said anything to me." SI's Jon Heyman tweeted earlier today that the team would consider the move if they can't sign Cliff Lee. "

Comment

• Rangers signed RHP Barret Loux for $312K

Barret Christopher Loux

Bats: Right, Throws: Right
          Height: 6' 5", Weight: 215 lb.

Born: April 6, 1989 in Houston, Texas, US

Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 24th round of the 2007 MLB June Amateur Draft and the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 1st round (6th) of the 2010 MLB June Amateur Draft.

Loux, 21, was drafted sixth overall by Arizona in the 2010 amateur draft but wasn't signed after he failed a physical due to a shoulder injury. The right-hander was granted free agency and drew the interest of several clubs after a pair of throwing sessions in September

2010 MLB Draft
          1. Nationals - Bryce Harper OF
          2. Pirates - Jameson Taillon RHP
          3. Orioles - Manny Machado SS
          4. Royals - Christian Colon SS
          5. Indians - Drew Pomeranz LHP
          6. Diamondbacks - Barret Loux RHP

Comment

• Loux was over-drafted and he has a major injury issue.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Not looking good for the Rangers to sign Lee.... :(

"Nolan Ryan told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that he expects the Yankees to outbid the Rangers for Cliff Lee (Twitter link). The Rangers will try to sell the appeal of Texas to Lee, an Arkansas native, but they don't have the same spending power as the Yankees."

"Neftali Feliz told Jose Caceres of Hoy he's heard rumors about the Rangers planning to move him to the rotation, but on the team's end, "Nobody has said anything to me." SI's Jon Heyman tweeted earlier today that the team would consider the move if they can't sign Cliff Lee. "
              What a suprise.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Loux was over-drafted and he has a major injury issue.
                Barret Loux was the tits at A&M. I saw a lot of his starts, good for him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I hope the Pirates draft Adam Miller or Wynn Peltzer in the Rule 5 draft.

Edit: Brad Emaus is on that list too.
                  Last edited by Hines; 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    What a suprise.
                    There is a thing called being a fan and wanting to have hope for things even when the odds are against it. If it's a crime to do, then I am guilty as charged. Go Rangers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Loux was over-drafted and he has a major injury issue.
                      Still... I'm happy the Rangers have made an effort on that front. $312K is beans. He has plenty of time to heal and doesn't need to be rushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        Barret Loux was the tits at A&M. I saw a lot of his starts, good for him.
                        He has some talent and he could eventually develop into a back end guy or long reliever for the Rangers.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Austin Jackson and Miguel Cabrera were robbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                            I hope the Pirates draft Adam Miller or Wynn Peltzer in the Rule 5 draft.

Edit: Brad Emaus is on that list too.
                            Miller's arm is toast at this point. I was irate that the Orioles did not protect Pelzer.

My Rule V Preview will be done around the middle of next week. I've been boiling down a 53 page list of eligible players...

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              Miller's arm is toast at this point. I was irate that the Orioles did not protect Pelzer.

My Rule V Preview will be done around the middle of next week. I've been boiling down a 53 page list of eligible players...
                              Don't you know how important it is to retain the irreplaceable Jake Fox?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post

IIRC, he's hitting 92-93 in his rehab and was hitting 98-100 before his finger surgery. I think IF he stays healthy, he can be good again. It's worth a shot. I'd take any of those three that I mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information