MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
    Does not matter who the Pirates get because if they start playing really well they will end up getting traded because Ownership will not want to pay them more money. The Pirates will contiune their losing until the owner sells the team to someone who will pay their players.
    Not really. They just had a godawful general manager who drafted wrong and left them with maybe a few good players, and Huntington has built the team up enough to where they should be able to put out a solid offense in a year or two.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• So on topic of the Pirates how many games into the season is Evan Meek traded?

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Does not matter who the Pirates get because if they start playing really well they will end up getting traded because Ownership will not want to pay them more money. The Pirates will contiune their losing until the owner sells the team to someone who will pay their players.
        Who exactly did they trade that was good?

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
        So on topic of the Pirates how many games into the season is Evan Meek traded?
        Meek could actually be traded this offseason and I wouldn't even care if it's for a starting pitcher. Why? Because relievers are dime and a dozen and we have Joel Hanrahan.

Comment

So on topic of the Pirates how many games into the season is Evan Meek traded?
          Whoop, trading a reliever who over-performed his peripherals.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            Who exactly did they trade that was good?
            Like ever, or just this past season? If the former, not sure if serious...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Not really. They just had a godawful general manager who drafted wrong and left them with maybe a few good players, and Huntington has built the team up enough to where they should be able to put out a solid offense in a year or two.
              Arent they one of the ****** teams who are turning massive profits because of revenue sharing and such. If true....I highly doubt the owner would want to change the money making ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                Like ever, or just this past season? If the former, not sure if serious...
                Ok, like two people. Big deal. People act like they blew up the '27 Yankees. But I meant recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  Arent they one of the ****** teams who are turning massive profits because of revenue sharing and such. If true....I highly doubt the owner would want to change the money making ways.
                  IIRC they are getting forced to spend money.

Comment

Once Huntington starts pulling out 75-80 win seasons, he'll get some more investment. I have that much faith.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Once Huntington starts pulling out 75-80 win seasons, he'll get some more investment. I have that much faith.
                      You obviously have too much faith. The Pirates are doomed forever until revenue sharing gets tweaked

Comment

• McCutchen/Alvarez is a great start for an offense, and if Sanchez continues to develop and Walker keeps it up, they should produce a good offense for a decent amount of time.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

You obviously have too much faith. The Pirates are doomed forever until revenue sharing gets tweaked
                          Or untill Bob Nutting sells the team to Mario.

Comment

Or untill Bob Nutting sells the team to Mario.
                            I really ******* doubt Mario pull that out...Unless he made some absolute insane investments....the guy is rich...not "own an MLB and NHL franchise" rich

Comment

I really ******* doubt Mario pull that out...Unless he made some absolute insane investments....the guy is rich...not "own an MLB and NHL franchise" rich
                              He and his partner will share duties I believe.

Comment

He and his partner will share duties I believe.
                                Meh....I also kind of doubt the owner would flip the team after owning it for only 3 years, unless he got raped by the recession or got an insane offer, especially with their new ballpark and awesome profits

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information