MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    Meh....I also kind of doubt the owner would flip the team after owning it for only 3 years, unless he got raped by the recession or got an insane offer, especially with their new ballpark and awesome profits
    I forget where I exactly read it, but apparently the ownership is getting pressured to spend more. Although I'd love to see a winner, I'd glady risk another year or two of ****** seasons to see him having to sell the franchise to Mario or whoever else. I also read that Mario and his partner made a very big offer(around 500 million I believe?) but Nutting didn't budge. Maybe he'll actually start caring more, but as a Pirate fan, I've lost all hope. It was a step in the right direction IMO by hiring Hurdle. Now I'll think they're serious if they start locking up McCutchen, Alvarez, Walker, etc soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      McCutchen/Alvarez is a great start for an offense, and if Sanchez continues to develop and Walker keeps it up, they should produce a good offense for a decent amount of time.
      Although you don't like him, I believe Tabata will have a very good career. Maybe not 20 homers, but he is only 22(here comes the jokes) and getting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        Although you don't like him, I believe Tabata will have a very good career. Maybe not 20 homers, but he is only 22(here comes the jokes) and getting better.
        I really don't see how a 35 year old outfielder is going to improve.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The Rangers signed Japanese free agent righty Yoshinori Tateyama to a one-year Major League deal with two club option years, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Tateyama, 35 next month, posted a 1.80 ERA, 9.7 K/9, 1.8 BB/9, and 0.49 HR/9 in 55 relief innings this year for the Nippon Ham Fighters. He's primarily a fastball/slider pitcher, wrote NPB Tracker's Patrick Newman in October. Baseball Prospectus' Kevin Goldstein tweets a more detailed scouting report.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/texas_rangers/index.html

Comment

• White Sox sign Adam Dunn to a 4 year deal worth $56 million.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• great sign for the white soxs, even if they overpaid for him, there team looks scary next year and in the future

Comment

• $14 million a year is actually less than I thought he'd get.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-4-year-deal/1
                  Bobby Jenks also non-tendered. Some more offense and Konerko could be back, but we'll have to see. Bullpen and catching still an issue.

Comment

• AJ Pierzynski re-signs with the White Sox, 2 years, $8 million. Not many better options out there.

Comment

• I'd rather give Tyler Flowers a shot, even if he blew ass at AAA this year. Pierzynski is useless at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                        http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-4-year-deal/1
                        Bobby Jenks also non-tendered. Some more offense and Konerko could be back, but we'll have to see. Bullpen and catching still an issue.
                        Sergio Santos FTW!

Thoughts on signing Konerko to a big extension? I'm always wary of guys who have big stats in contract years. I know Paulie has been a very productive player throughout his career, but this year was a bit of a shock in terms of how well he played offensively. I'm a little hesitant that his age catches up with him next year and we wind up overspending big time.

The Dunn signing would ease the sting of losing Paulie on offense, but he definitely doesn't help our defense. Konerko has a damn good glove.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Konerko's glove is mediocre at best.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Konerko's glove is mediocre at best.
                            He doesn't have much range because he's slow footed in general, but he normally gets most of the balls that come to him. I can't count how many times he saved our infielders from errors by picking the throw in the dirt.

His glove is pretty damn good. His mobility not so much.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• So what will this ChiSox team look like?

Off the top of my head Rios and Beckham could both break out, Pierre is a fine leadoff hitter, PK and Dunn in the middle is awesome, their rotation? Peavy, Burhle? I'm forgetting...
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Bye Lastings :(

Russell Martin also non-tendered.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information