MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Mathis and Wood were supposed to be the pillars of the Angels by now. Fail. Wood went the way of Dallas McPherson way too quick.
    Dallas McPherson is insulted that you would compare him to Wood. He's not good, but he is certainly not Wood bad. And I really don't get why the **** Mike Scioscia is in love with Mathis, he's ******* brutal.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      They just said on ESPN that the red sox had offered Mariano a 2 year deal as well....Did they really think Mo would go to the Bo Sox? haha
      Nah, it was to try and drive his price up (but it didn't work). According to Heyman, the Sox and Angels offered him more money. Neither team thought they would get him, they just hoped to force the Yankees to spend more than they wanted to. It didn't work out, but it was worth a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        So the Dodgers don't tend a contract to Russell Martin, but the Angels tender a contract to Jeff ******* Mathis, who is in a battle with Brandon Wood for worst player in baseball? That makes sense.
        But tendering a contract guarantees a likely 25% raise at minimum. Martin made 5 million last year so he would be around 6.5-7. Which he isn't worth. I'd imagine Mathis is still very low.

Comment

Dallas McPherson is insulted that you would compare him to Wood. He's not good, but he is certainly not Wood bad. And I really don't get why the **** Mike Scioscia is in love with Mathis, he's ******* brutal.
          Ehh whatever. Both Angels overhyped power prospects at 3B. Both suck. End of story.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            But tendering a contract guarantees a likely 25% raise at minimum. Martin made 5 million last year so he would be around 6.5-7. Which he isn't worth. I'd imagine Mathis is still very low.
            I'd rather pay $7 million to Russell Martin than $1.5 millionish to Jeff Mathis, who can do absolutely nothing on the baseball field. He has no power, he can't hit for average, he doesn't walk, he is a godawful catcher that makes a shitlaod of errors, he has no arm and anyone can steal on him and he doesn't have the mythical game calling abilities.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Jeff Mathis just got traded to the Tigers.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• You scared me jerk.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• You had me going too, lol.

Seriously though, how is anyone surprised that Scioscia likes bad baseball players? The Angels are loaded with slap hitters with no power and no patience, Mathis fits right in. I always thought the reason Scioscia started him over Nap was defense but I really don't pay enough attention to him in the field to judge; that was just his reputation.

Comment

• And there goes Adrian Gonzalez.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

And there goes Adrian Gonzalez.
                      For how many overhyped Boston prospects?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        For how many overhyped Boston prospects?
                        The last report I read was 4. Casey Kelly, Anthony Rizzo, Raymond Fuentes and a PTBNL.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• At least Adrian going to the Sox is beastly for my fantasy team.

Comment

• Sad to see Rizzo and Kelly go, but hot damn. Rizzo projects to be the same type of player as Gonzalez if all goes right, very good defender, very good power potential. Last years numbers were coming off of beating cancer too, so he's only going to get better. Kelly...I've soured on. He looks like he could be another Michael Bowden. Good potential, just needs to strike more guys out to warrant the hype he gets.
                            Last edited by ElectricEye; 12-04-2010, 11:51 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Great move for the Red Sox. Those prospects won't amount to equal value. I doubt they produce significantly on the major league level at all.

Comment

• This makes me smile!!!!
                                Now that Ellsbury wasn't involved in that trade, I hope this takes us out of the running for Crawford
                                Sign Werth, get a defensive C to split time with Salty and upgrade the bullpen and we're sitting pretty next season
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information