No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooooo happy Gonzalez is out of the NL West. He is going to mash in Boston. His approach is just perfect for Fenway.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Yup great deal for the Sox. The Padres offense is going to be god awful.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm surprised that is all it took to get Gonzalez. Kelly still has a lot of potential, but he was pretty brutal last year. I really like Rizzo but, like previously mentioned, Gonzalez is likely his absolute best case scenario.

Comment

• What the hell, San Diego?

Tigers better ******* sign Jayson Werth now.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Great move for the Red Sox. Those prospects won't amount to equal value. I doubt they produce significantly on the major league level at all.
            Wouldn't say that. Will it be equal value? Probably not.

Reports on the guys from Soxprospects;

Kelly
            Athletic frame with smooth agility and a tremendous feel for pitching. Kelly was a two-way player in high school, excelling at both shortstop and as a pitcher. He was also a highly-touted quarterback recruit for Tennessee before signing with the Sox. Kelly split his first pro year in 2009 between pitching and hitting, showing elite pitching tools and mediocre offensive skills. In December 2009, Kelly made the decision to continue his career on the mound. Kelly's pitching skills are quite advanced for his age, mixing in three plus pitches: a low 90s fastball, a hard 12-6 curveball, and a nice change. Early in his career, he demonstrated outstanding command, and control, but as his velocity has increased he has lost some touch on his fastball. Sound, smooth mechanics. Fastball has excellent downward movement, and generally sits between 90 and 93 mph, getting up to 96 mph on occasion. Many scouts project that he'll sit in the 92-95 mph range after he fills out. Curveball has the potential to become a plus-plus wipeout pitch. It sits around 76-79 mph, but he tends to show it a little too much at times. Kelly's changeup sits around 84 mph with a lot of sink. For the most part, he keeps the ball low in the zone, but he's hittable when he leaves it up. He can also overuse his fastball. Very good mound presence. Kelly had the makings of an elite defensive shortstop before converting to pitching full time, so he should be an excellent pitcher defensively.
            Reached AA as a 20 year old.

Rizzo
            Tough-as-nails first baseman with an excellent build. Solid overall approach at the plate, good eye, quick bat speed, impressive timing. Could stand to improve protecting the plate deeper in counts. Plus gap power to all fields. Has had some trouble with advanced breaking stuff. An excellent defender with a solid arm and surprising lateral quickness for his size. Outstanding instincts and fundamentals. Said to be a leader by example and a great teammate. Rizzo was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in May 2008. After receiving chemo-therapy during 2008, he was declared cancer-free in November 2008.
            Hit 25 homeruns between A+ and AA as a 20 year old.

Fuentes
            Athletic center fielder plays the game at full tilt, the type of player that will make a lot of highlight reels. Wiry frame. Line drive hitter, makes excellent contact, without a ton of present power. Should be a gap-to-gap hitter. Turns on inside pitches well. Excellent swing mechanics. Still working on pitch recognition. Plus plus speed. Excellent range and glove in the outfield, projects to stay in center. Solid instincts. Fluid, gets good jumps on the ball. Below average arm. Cousin of Carlos Beltran.
            Stole 42 bases and was only caught 5 times.

Not insignificant, but it is a favorable deal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I like Kelly and Rizzo a lot. I think down the line, it could be a good deal for the Fathers, but not right now.

So Boston, wanna send Britton, Doubront, or Pimentel our way for Meek/Hanrahan?

Comment

• Pirates after Jack Cust and Matt Diaz. I like Diaz because he mashes lefties and that's what we need, but Cust's power would be sexy in our lineup as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                  Pirates after Jack Cust and Matt Diaz. I like Diaz because he mashes lefties and that's what we need, but Cust's power would be sexy in our lineup as well.
                  Cust had power in '07 and '08, but it's dropped off since. Still a great OBP guy, but I wouldn't want him on a NL team because he's an abysmal defender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
                    Cust had power in '07 and '08, but it fell pretty far in '09 and '10. Still a great OBP guy, but I wouldn't want him on a NL team because he's an abysmal defender.
                    Pirates have a **** defense anyways, so it wouldn't matter too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Pirates have a **** defense anyways, so it wouldn't matter too much.
                      You have no idea...

Comment

• Berkman to STL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Jeff Francis and Chris Young aren't big enough names for you?

The strategy is all good, it's just very different. I need my offseason rumor fix.

Comment

• I've always liked Linebrink...been linked to the Braves for years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              The strategy is all good, it's just very different. I need my offseason rumor fix.
                              Yeah I know I was being a little sarcastic. I don't think it's going to get any bigger than that though for us this offseason. Have to purge a lot of bad contracts off the team first as you know.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• damn it no, Jeff Francis should come to Toronto! Romero, Marcum, Cecil, Morrow, and Francis as the rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information